Happy Thanksgiving 2022 !

Madison22

15 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

At least I get to be home for this one.

This time last year I was drunk on a jail cell floor in dubois county.  The turkey cutlet was pretty good though.

Sounds much better. But don’t ignore that you have a really good country song in there though. Just need something to rhyme with turkey cutlet and you are golden. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Sounds much better. But don’t ignore that you have a really good country song in there though. Just need something to rhyme with turkey cutlet and you are golden. 

I don't know if the Navy served the fine cuisine the USAF did during holiday meals at the chow hall, but we used to get turkey roll...Looked like a yin yang symbol with dark and white meat...Ummm, good! ;) 

See the source image

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't know if the Navy served the fine cuisine the USAF did during holiday meals at the chow hall, but we used to get turkey roll...Looked like a yin yang symbol with dark and white meat...Ummm, good! ;) 

See the source image

Oh god yes. I remember those. Did you guys have the scrambled eggs that somehow always had the color blue in there somehow? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Oh god yes. I remember those. Did you guys have the scrambled eggs that somehow always had the color blue in there somehow? 

Oh yeah...We also had the sausage gravy they had to ram the ladle through the hardened top layer...My Mom and Dad came over to visit me when I was stationed at Scott AFB...Mom wanted to try the chow hall...they'd let civilians who wanted to dine eat there for a nominal fee...$3.00...Afterwards, Mom said that was too much...

52 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh yeah...We also had the sausage gravy they had to ram the ladle through the hardened top layer...My Mom and Dad came over to visit me when I was stationed at Scott AFB...Mom wanted to try the chow hall...they'd let civilians who wanted to dine eat there for a nominal fee...$3.00...Afterwards, Mom said that was too much...

I will say on the whole that I loved filling up on a mess hall breakfast. The other meals? Not so much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Worked as a civilian at Ft Benning, ate lunch at the Kelly Hill mess hall. I actually thought it was decent. But then again what do I know, that was one time.

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Worked as a civilian at Ft Benning, ate lunch at the Kelly Hill mess hall. I actually thought it was decent. But then again what do I know, that was one time.

They knew they had a DV (Distinguished Visitor} in the house so they broke out the good grub :) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

At least I get to be home for this one.

This time last year I was drunk on a jail cell floor in dubois county.  The turkey cutlet was pretty good though.

Hey in 2005 I got locked up in Louisville the night before Thanksgiving.   Missed Thanksgiving dinner with the family with my grandma from Texas in town.  Pretty embarrassing stuff.  Slowly but surely God was getting  ahold of my life and waking me up.  That was pretty close to the low point for me that I started praying again.  

But man I'm so thankful that you are working on yourself and making  huge strides.  Keep it up.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Hey in 2005 I got locked up in Louisville the night before Thanksgiving.   Missed Thanksgiving dinner with the family with my grandma from Texas in town.  Pretty embarrassing stuff.  Slowly but surely God was getting  ahold of my life and waking me up.  That was pretty close to the low point for me that I started praying again.  

But man I'm so thankful that you are working on yourself and making  huge strides.  Keep it up.  

I've had to learn that it's OK. God is putting me through this for a reason. Only 10% of us make it. He chose me because I'm strong enough to deal with it. If there is one thing I've ever been good at it's being consistent, putting my head down and moving forward.  

Once I'm through the active stage it will be my turn to save some of the 10%.  My goal is to make that number bigger. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

When I worked at the craphole egg farm we had a liquid egg product we added citric acid and xanthan gum to so it wouldn't turn colors in hotel pans. 

Apparently the government isn't willing to pay for the additives. 

17 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've had to learn that it's OK. God is putting me through this for a reason. Only 10% of us make it. He chose me because I'm strong enough to deal with it. If there is one thing I've ever been good at it's being consistent, putting my head down and moving forward.  

Once I'm through the active stage it will be my turn to save some of the 10%.  My goal is to make that number bigger. 

I have a scar about a foot in diameter on my back. Came from passing out on the floor on an ant line. They tried to eat their way through. I’m with you brother!