Jump to content

IU MVP vs Ark Little Rock?


Reacher
 Share

IU MVP vs Ark Little Rock  

36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who was your MVP?

    • JHS
      0
    • Xavier
    • Kopp
      0
    • Race
    • CJ Gunn
      0
    • Bates
      0
    • Logan
      0
    • Geronimo
    • Malik
      0
    • Banks
      0

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2022 at 07:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Just now, DWB said:

Race was terrific, but without XJ's assists he wouldn't have gotten ½ of those points.

X ran the offense VERY well, 10 assits and only 2 TO's.

We may not win this game without X.

Exactly why I went with XJ. Not to discredit Race; he stepped up when he needed to. XJ was great at getting the ball where it needed to be and wasn't selfish.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I thought both halves, when Jordan came in, he sparked us... 

He did, esp with his defense. But he has to learn to anticipate receiving the pass on offense. Sometimes he's so focussed on getting the offensive rebound, he forgets he's still an option for the shot himself.

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DWB said:

He did, esp with his defense. But he has to learn to anticipate receiving the pass on offense. Sometimes he's so focussed on getting the offensive rebound, he forgets he's still an option for the shot himself.

The interior pass from Race? Yeah... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IUFLA said:

The interior pass from Race? Yeah... 

And another from X I think, or it could've been JHS from the top of the key. JG was going in for the rebound and the pass to him went right by his head, hit his hands and went out of bounds. He wasn't looking for it.

But Woody will get that fixed, I'm sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jordan was better playing without having his hands draped on the guy he was defending tonight. That and falling for pump fakes are his two biggest issues on the defensive end. Improve those two things and we won't have to worry about him being in foul trouble after 5-10 minutes of action. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was commuting to the in-laws for the holidays, so I did not get to watch. 

But, listening to Fisch and checking out the box now that I am here, I'm going to go with X.  You get my team 10 assists and you're playing the game right.  

That said, this game proves to me more than ever that TJD is truly our MVP even when he doesn't play.  Again, I don't have the benefit of the visual, but the fact that we could not put this team away emphasizes how much he means to this team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was commuting to the in-laws for the holidays, so I did not get to watch. 

But, listening to Fisch and checking out the box now that I am here, I'm going to go with X.  You get my team 10 assists and you're playing the game right.  

That said, this game proves to me more than ever that TJD is truly our MVP even when he doesn't play.  Again, I don't have the benefit of the visual, but the fact that we could not put this team away emphasizes how much he means to this team.  

You are 100% right on TJD. I made the comment in the game thread that if TJD was an option in the MVP poll that I would vote for him.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was commuting to the in-laws for the holidays, so I did not get to watch. 

But, listening to Fisch and checking out the box now that I am here, I'm going to go with X.  You get my team 10 assists and you're playing the game right.  

That said, this game proves to me more than ever that TJD is truly our MVP even when he doesn't play.  Again, I don't have the benefit of the visual, but the fact that we could not put this team away emphasizes how much he means to this team.  

I only watched sporadically because of holiday things we had going on, but that really stood out to me as well from what I did see. TJD is just so, so good on both ends, it really elevates everyone. 

On offense if we need a bucket? Just get TJD the ball and we are either scoring or someone is getting a good look out of it this year.

On defense, he is just a stopper down low. Everyone is better as a result of having him behind them. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

You are 100% right on TJD. I made the comment in the game thread that if TJD was an option in the MVP poll that I would vote for him.  

I saw that comment after I had prepped the poll. I thought about adding him but decided against it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Reacher said:

I went with X. 

Agree with @DWB.

Geronimo gets my second place vote. He really flashed that OG Anunoby style defense and sparked the team when they needed it in the first half. 

In the last two games, JG has 10 blocks in 36 minutes of play.  His 10 blocks lead the team. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...