Little Rock Post Game

Inequality

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The 5 TOs were bad, but 13/7/3 on 6-13 shooting is a sold stat line

Agree his overall game was "satisfactory" IMO, but the 5 TO's (esp 2-3 of them) were horrible. 30' bounce passes into traffic won't cut it in D-1 college ball. Probably done everyday in HS, but not at this level. He should be smarter than that.

As long as he doesn't do it again next game, I'm cool with it. He's just a freshman, a really good freshman, but still a freshman.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DWB said:

Agree his overall game was "satisfactory" IMO, but the 5 TO's (esp 2-3 of them) were horrible. 30' bounce passes into traffic won't cut it in D-1 college ball. Probably done everyday in HS, but not at this level. He should be smarter than that.

As long as he doesn't do it again next game, I'm cool with it. He's just a freshman, a really good freshman, but still a freshman.

"The good thing about freshmen is they become sophomores."  CRMK

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The 5 TOs were bad, but 13/7/3 on 6-13 shooting is a sold stat line

And at least 3 of the TOs we're because he tried to make the flashy pass rather than the solid basketball pass...

I think that's why he got an extended seat on the bench in the 2nd half... 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DWB said:

This kind of game allows the less experienced players to figure out what does/doesn’t work at this level without costing the team a win.

• Like 3

Anyone have the +/- stats for Gunn and Banks? I was surprised he didn't bring them into the game earlier in the 2nd half when the starters were struggling. Granted it worked out staying with the starting core when he got the lead he was looking for. I just enjoyed the intensity Gunn, Banks, Duncomb, JHS and Bates brought for the +/- 6 mins they were on together. 

7 minutes ago, B_A said:

Anyone have the +/- stats for Gunn and Banks? I was surprised he didn't bring them into the game earlier in the 2nd half when the starters were struggling. Granted it worked out staying with the starting core when he got the lead he was looking for. I just enjoyed the intensity Gunn, Banks, Duncomb, JHS and Bates brought for the +/- 6 mins they were on together. 

Kopp and Race were +17 to lead the team followed by Bates and Geronimo. Banks was at 0 and Gunn a +6.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, B_A said:

Full game stats with +/-

image.png.5ea266e0a9dcb0a1c0ed9512bdaeb1b9.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

And at least 3 of the TOs we're because he tried to make the flashy pass rather than the solid basketball pass...

I think that's why he got an extended seat on the bench in the 2nd half... 

One of them was a very freshman play. He bounced the ball off his foot directly to the other team which started a break. JHS raced down the court and fouled the dude. 🤦‍♀️

9 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Banks' FT shooting is ugly. I looked and he shot 70% from the line in HS. Maybe he just needs to get used to shooting them in the college game environment but his misses mostly weren't even close to going in.

Yeah he had a couple of bad misses tonight. Interestingly he was 8-10 from FT prior to tonight. (Just 1-6 tonight)