Little Rock Post Game

Inequality

1 hour ago, IUKane21 said:

Quick hot takes:

Malik is a beast.

Kopp is Kopp. True per usual. No replacement though.

What player is Hood exactly? He’s not a shooter for sure? He doesn’t get to the rack either.  Bunch of turnovers combined with mediocre defense. Not trying to be too critical…

6-13 is not bad shooting.  And, he had 7 boards.  He's a freshman, so he's going to make freshman mistakes.  I bet I can find a similar stat line in the freshman seasons for Damon Bailey, Isaih Thomas, and Yogi Ferrell.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

6-13 is not bad shooting.  And, he had 7 boards.  He's a freshman, so he's going to make freshman mistakes.  I bet I can find a similar stat line in the freshman seasons for Damon Bailey, Isaih Thomas, and Yogi Ferrell.

There's also an entire other half of the court that exists.. and our team as a whole is thriving on that end, and JHS is a solid part of that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

There's also an entire other half of the court that exists.. and our team as a whole is thriving on that end, and JHS is a solid part of that. 

Generally I would agree, as a team though, I think we struggled on the defensive end a bit last night though.  It was really up and down.  We would have several minutes of good defensive play and then it seemed like several series of just allowing too many easy baskets.

One thing I will say, on blocked shots I think our guys need to realize that sometimes the spectacular looking block where you throw the ball halfway into the crowd (or back to the 3 point line into the arms of a wide open opponent) isn't the best play.  All you gotta do is keep the ball from going in the cylinder.

Thoughts after watching the game:
I actually felt much better after this game than after watching the Miami of Ohio game

- Our ball movement was much better
- we executed in the half court significantly better than against Miami, and somewhat better than against Xavier
- More of our players were trying to get downhill during the game, which was great to see...no one could stay in from of X
- at one point we had there freshmen and two sophomores our there and it was an enjoyable group to watch....could actually put a decent four freshmen and one sophomore lineup out there...I love that the younger guys play fast and want to impact the game...they have confidence. 
- Gunn and JHS might benefit from trying to get to rim a bit more, rather than thinking jumpshot quite as much
- Race's athleticism has improved A LOT since he got on campus...he has played with a bit more energy recently, I know he was in a funk to start the year, but I was worried that it almost looked like he regretted coming back...

- Little Rock hit shots that were tough, but we also gave them some looks they didn't deserve by gambling a bit much. I'd like to see us be a bit more controlled in closeouts and not try to block jump shots quite as often...We do have a few guys who can protect the rim when our defense is set
- Should we be concerned about Galloway's injury?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mchenry34 said:

Thoughts after watching the game:
I actually felt much better after this game than after watching the Miami of Ohio game

- Our ball movement was much better
- we executed in the half court significantly better than against Miami, and somewhat better than against Xavier
- More of our players were trying to get downhill during the game, which was great to see...no one could stay in from of X
- at one point we had there freshmen and two sophomores our there and it was an enjoyable group to watch....could actually put a decent four freshmen and one sophomore lineup out there...I love that the younger guys play fast and want to impact the game...they have confidence. 
- Gunn and JHS might benefit from trying to get to rim a bit more, rather than thinking jumpshot quite as much
- Race's athleticism has improved A LOT since he got on campus...he has played with a bit more energy recently, I know he was in a funk to start the year, but I was worried that it almost looked like he regretted coming back...

- Little Rock hit shots that were tough, but we also gave them some looks they didn't deserve by gambling a bit much. I'd like to see us be a bit more controlled in closeouts and not try to block jump shots quite as often...We do have a few guys who can protect the rim when our defense is set
- Should we be concerned about Galloway's injury?

With his importance, and injury history... yes. 

Was at the game. Was VERY impressed/surprised by Duncomb, especially his stint in the first half.

I expected him to get lost from time to time, miss helping on D, etc. He seemed like everything came together on D for him. He was always in the right spot at the right time.

Would love to see more of him. Maybe he will get Durr type of minutes. A lot in spots, none in others. But he looked like he belonged out there last night.

• Like 3

Tried watching the replay on Big Ten + last night (early this morning), but fell asleep midway through the 2nd half.

The quality of the replay was absolutely PATHETIC.  First the picture went in and out fuzzy.  The quality of picture you sometimes see if you watch a game from the 1970's.  But the worst part is that the audio was 2-3 seconds ahead of the video the entire game.  You would hear the whistle blow before the foul was committed, the ball hit the rim while it was still in flight.  etc.  Totally crappy production.  

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Tried watching the replay on Big Ten + last night (early this morning), but fell asleep midway through the 2nd half.

The quality of the replay was absolutely PATHETIC.  First the picture went in and out fuzzy.  The quality of picture you sometimes see if you watch a game from the 1970's.  But the worst part is that the audio was 2-3 seconds ahead of the video the entire game.  You would hear the whistle blow before the foul was committed, the ball hit the rim while it was still in flight.  etc.  Totally crappy production.  

MatthewLovesBall 

11 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Banks' FT shooting is ugly. I looked and he shot 70% from the line in HS. Maybe he just needs to get used to shooting them in the college game environment but his misses mostly weren't even close to going in.

I think he was 8-10 coming into this game fr the line

Edited by IU Scott

20 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Thought it was pretty cool that IU is hosting Little Rock for Thanksgiving dinner today (according to the announcers last night). 

Yeah that was cool... Coach Woodson has definitely established an excellent culture for our program... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2