Michigan State Pregame Thread

We played PU well, in the Hall, this team is capable of playing MSU well in the Hall, and with a little more prep time I think we'll see a better IU showing.

That last game was against a rested MSU team where we were coming off a really short turnaround. This is at least a little better situation.

I think we have a shot, just as we did against PU. MSU is a major challenge, and I understand Collin will continue to be out, but let's see what the team can do at home. I think it will be a fairly close game and then MSU will probably pull away similar to the PU game --

but if we can hit our freaking free throws....

I think we would have to be clicking on all cylinders.  MSU has waves of height that hurt us since we are challenged inside.  So, someone besides Morgan needs to bring it, e.g., Justin Smith or maybe even Freddie.  

On top of that, Rob will need to assert himself offensively, and maybe Green builds on his last game.

Last time, we looked overwhelmed by Jackson and Ward and that big kid from Grand Rapids as they played vollyeball over our heads.

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Green & Smith :D

Green and Smith both playing well and finishing the year off strong would really make the next three weeks more enjoyable for me.  I've waited all year for Green to play himself into a more substantial role.  Unfortunately, he has not been consistent enough to do that.  Seeing him finish with a consistent, strong three weeks along with continued maturation from Smith would be a nice way to end the year and lead into next.  

Back on topic.  Beat MSU and give Izzo heck if any of you all are there tomorrow night.  

I see this going the way that Duke and PU went.  If we're competitive at least through halftime I'll be fine with that.  If we can stay competitive throughout the game like we were in those two, fantastic.  Pull out a victory and I'll be elated.

One variable that I'm waiting to see is how MSU is going to hold up the rest of the season.  There is a lot going on there, and it has to put a lot of stress on the team and obviously on the coaches.  Are they going to start to crumble at some point?  I could see them losing some games they shouldn't due to all the distractions.  If we come out fired up we could give them a bit of a shock.

This will be a close one. If we can get a good shooting night, we can pull this one off. 

We are going to hear some rated R material from the student section lol. Can't wait to get a scathing review from "I can't do no wrong Tom" about how inappropriate the students were. 

I hope MSU walks out with a loss and that Izzo feels horrible about himself.

My guess is Michigan State by 15-20.This isn't a good match up for IU in any building. 

I'm not saying IU can't give a competitive performance..I just don't think they will be able to handle their depth and athleticism.Let's all hope the Spartans have a bad shooting day, and that IU doesn' t.

It certainly would be a better game if the referees actually did their job and called Michigan State's fouls.  Not that IU would make their free throws, but Jackson, for instance, would probably foul out in the first half, and Ward wouldn't be far behind him.  A pipe dream, I know.

Archived