IU football program going forward.

IU Scott

New offensive line coach sounds like a huge upgrade.  Hopefully he’s an excellent recruiter.  If nothing else, you’d think he can identify guys he can develop.  We’ve talked about our young prospects and we have three commits for next year who sound like they have potential.  It’s player development time and getting them to play in synch.  I think we’ve got our guy for all that.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

For some reason I got thinking about IU QB situation. Was trying to think of the last time IU ended a season with the same QB we started with? Maybe Peyton Ramsey’s junior or Sophomore  year? 

Idk but that kid was criminally underrated by our fanbase. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

New offensive line coach sounds like a huge upgrade.  Hopefully he’s an excellent recruiter.  If nothing else, you’d think he can identify guys he can develop.  We’ve talked about our young prospects and we have three commits for next year who sound like they have potential.  It’s player development time and getting them to play in synch.  I think we’ve got our guy for all that.  

Here's link to his bio at Wisconsin. Lots of First Team All Americans, NFL players, NFL First rounders mentioned....huge upgrade for us. 

https://uwbadgers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/bob-bostad/1719

• Like 3

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

image.thumb.png.79f42319149d88afc1290c65ea3634d4.png

I didn't think Kahlil would transfer, his mom is a huge proponent of CTAs. So is Devon Matthews mom. 

I think at this point, us fans just need to get on board again and see what happens. CTA isn't going anywhere. We were not far from being 6-6 or 7-5. Main criticism is knowing what's working and what's not. It was obvious during/after the Nebraska game they needed to change up the QB. When things aren't working, you have to pull the plug on players or coaches. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think at this point, us fans just need to get on board again and see what happens. CTA isn't going anywhere. We were not far from being 6-6 or 7-5. Main criticism is knowing what's working and what's not. It was obvious during/after the Nebraska game they needed to change up the QB. When things aren't working, you have to pull the plug on players or coaches. 

I conceded before the year that it was a rebuilding season. We imploded for a few reasons because we had some tenuous areas on our roster/staff.  If we had been stable, we had a great opportunity to win 2-3 more games and we would have been in a bowl.  Having said that, if we keep our young talent, find a veteran QB, and add some other guys, we could jump back to 6 wins.  I say that without having seen our schedule yet; the sad thing is the schedule this past season was very manageable and we missed it.  I guess we can chalk it up to rebuilding and some of that obviously didn’t work out.  

11 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Fans wants and needs on timelines don't always matchup with reality. But yes, the product as a whole obviously needs improved. 

My worry is continuity with the QB going into next year. (Obviously).. 

I thought it was obvious Walt Bell was fine. He reinvented his offense mid year when we lost Camper and went to Dexter. I was impressed with that. 

• Like 1