"Good luck fixing the cesspool that is the NCAA"

madmax

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Without divulging much. I knew his sister fairly well. The things a heart (forgiving one) makes you give up. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/05/22/why_mitch_daniels_said_no_109948-2.html

It’s no secret. Hell, if Trump can get elected with his plethora of baggage this is a non issue. I do understand not wanting to put her infront of the media

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/05/22/why_mitch_daniels_said_no_109948-2.html

It’s no secret. Hell, if Trump can get elected with his plethora of baggage this is a non issue. I do understand not wanting to put her infront of the media

Agree all day. Given his history in DC and obviously the fiscally frugal platform that has worked so well in Indiana....who cares about the other stuff. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree all day. Given his history in DC and obviously the fiscally frugal platform that has worked so well in Indiana....who cares about the other stuff. 

The media does, they will chew you up and spit you out.  I remember Reagan getting a bunch of flack for being divorced.  Didn't affect him, but it what an issue when he was running.

1 minute ago, rico said:

The media does, they will chew you up and spit you out.  I remember Reagan getting a bunch of flack for being divorced.  Didn't affect him, but it what an issue when he was running.

I'll keep it PG-13 for sake of the board but if half our country overlooked Slick Willie getting action in the oval office 20+ years ago.....I don't think many would care about Mitch past. Of course one who could also argue our country is in the shape we are because the majority overlooked Willie's actions. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll keep it PG-13 for sake of the board but if half our country overlooked Slick Willie getting action in the oval office 20+ years ago.....I don't think many would care about Mitch past. Of course one who could also argue our country is in the shape we are because the majority overlooked Willie's actions. 

The difference is Bill was already in office.  But I agree.

“In the past five years, 45 percent of all ‘five-star’ recruits, and 58 percent of all one-and-dones, have gone to just five schools. Our entire 14-member Big Ten conference, by contrast, has had 9.2 percent of the first category and 6.4 percent of the latter, collectively”

This stat is eye-opening.  The Big Ten really has not been able to land top-end talent.

54 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

“In the past five years, 45 percent of all ‘five-star’ recruits, and 58 percent of all one-and-dones, have gone to just five schools. Our entire 14-member Big Ten conference, by contrast, has had 9.2 percent of the first category and 6.4 percent of the latter, collectively”

This stat is eye-opening.  The Big Ten really has not been able to land top-end talent.

It’s been the era of super teams, and it arguably started when Lebron went to Miami and has continued with Durant joining the Warriors.  These kids look up to those guys and want to follow suit if you will.  Once that happened, you started seeing Kentucky with signing classes being nothing but 5 star recruits, and now Duke is just as big on it.  Heck, Duke has the #1, #2 and #3 ranked kids signed and another 5 star (I think Jones is a 5 star) for this coming year.  We’re in a cycle right now, and I think it’ll change in the future.  

Archived