Transfer Portal

DC2345

That's 3 QB's in the portal? On one hand, at least none are a significant loss. On the other hand, can you argue with them not wanting to get the living sh#% beat out of them behind this o-line while likely suffering another excruciating year as B1G doormat?

Edited by D-BONE

3 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

They stuck with Bazelak way too long. It was obvious he was not accurate or mobile (at all). Playing someone who was one (Tuttle) or the other (Williams) much earlier and they most likely beat Maryland and Rutgers, then you're talking about a 6-6 season. I am not saying the coaching staff doesn't need to be replaced, it's those guys (CTA, Bell) who made these decisions. It cost them two games, it will cost them players, and it should cost them their jobs. They had enough talent to win at least those two games. That being said I don't think Penix would have lasted the season (again) at IU. He's no longer a real running threat and most likely would have been blown up at some point, same as Tuttle.

I think you can add Neb to that list makes us 7/5. 

• Like 1

If 15 or so guys transfer, the positive side is that’s 15 spots we can fill.   I doubt we will but I’d hit jucos hard (like a half dozen guys) and try to get some Cam Campers in here.  Add some juice to our D line, S, husky, skill positions, IOL, and elsewhere.  Guys ready to play.  We can hit the portal and hopefully find a second string somewhere who’s better than his old team realizes.  It’s going to take good scouting. We need guys that can come in and play right away.  We need urgency with our additions.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

I don’t know what Dexter’s situation is, but we don’t know how long he is out.  It’s good that they like Sorsby but he won’t be ready.  We have a true freshman coming from Ohio.  

I don’t know what’s out there at QB but I hope we get a vet in here who can help.  Somebody who can move but also throw accurately.  

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Agree.  I try to keep my comments on current players constructive.  I am not perfect for sure.  But….you can read between the lines when I am silent on a guy   And, I haven’t said a word about Bazelak in several weeks   Not. a.word.   

I would love to know what the current players think of him.  In particular how they felt he acted both in getting the starting job and when he got benched.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

I would love to know what the current players think of him.  In particular how they felt he acted both in getting the starting job and when he got benched.

If you believe the scuttlebutt - and it may well be total speculation - the team was heavily behind Tuttle heading into the season and the decision of who earned the starting gig out of the gate. Not sure how he handled the benching. Didn't seem to be any visible tension - from outside of course. Maybe he was relieved by that point being tired of being a punching bag for opposing pass rush.

Edited by D-BONE
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DC2345 said:

K Charles Campbell 

QB Grant Gremel 

QB Jack Tuttle 

and now Connor Bazelak has added his name to the list 

I get Campbell leaving, he did a great job for us and it’s time to move on. We have other kickers. I wish him the best

Gremel wasn’t he a walk on. Don’t know much about him.

Jack Tuttle, didn’t get a fair shake this year! It had to be hard to watch from the side lines. How bad Connor played and yet he couldn’t get in the game! A team captain 

Connor Bazelak, to be fair our line didn’t help him, but he wasn’t the right guy for us! Missed a lot of open throws! He needs to move on. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I would say that if they can't get good players  that is a pretty bad indictment on the HC.

This is a concern! We haven’t done well in the Portal. Look at Purdue grab a walk on running back and with in 3 games he’s a starter! Hiller should have never been retained. At Half time in Nebraska game a QB change need to happen. It all points at HC. 

9 hours ago, D-BONE said:

If you believe the scuttlebutt - and it may well be total speculation - the team was heavily behind Tuttle heading into the season and the decision of who earned the starting gig out of the gate. Not sure how he handled the benching. Didn't seem to be any visible tension - from outside of course. Maybe he was relieved by that point being tired of being a punching bag for opposing pass rush.

I think it’s pretty clear the team was behind Tuttle.  From what I have heard CB did a few things that I would not consider as supporting the team.  I just would like to get a few more data points to back up what I was told.  But in the end anything he did if true I put back on the coaching staff for allowing him to do so.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I don’t know what Dexter’s situation is, but we don’t know how long he is out.  It’s good that they like Sorsby but he won’t be ready.  We have a true freshman coming from Ohio.  

I don’t know what’s out there at QB but I hope we get a vet in here who can help.  Somebody who can move but also throw accurately.  

Dislocated Knee along with severe structural damage, stated in the release today. Surgery next week. Won't see this kid next season if at all.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

I think it’s pretty clear the team was behind Tuttle.  From what I have heard CB did a few things that I would not consider as supporting the team.  I just would like to get a few more data points to back up what I was told.  But in the end anything he did if true I put back on the coaching staff for allowing him to do so.

Seems everything always comes back to how bad this staff is. clean house.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Personally, I think he was going to stay a ways down the list with the younger guys.  But, they could leave too. Hold tight. 

Who are some of the young receivers that can move up the depth chart at WR. I hope Camper can come back and get healthy and be the #1 receiver. I still think it would be best to have Lucas WR and put him in the slot. I think McCulley with another off season should get better.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Who are some of the young receivers that can move up the depth chart at WR. I hope Camper can come back and get healthy and be the #1 receiver. I still think it would be best to have Lucas WR and put him in the slot. I think McCulley with another off season should get better.

McCulley is definitely exciting and full of promise. He's still learning the nuances of the position, but he has the build and athleticism to be very good.

Just now, MoyeCowbell said:

McCulley is definitely exciting and full of promise. He's still learning the nuances of the position, but he has the build and athleticism to be very good.

I hope Cooper and Bennett-Holt develops. I am worried about the RB position and hope Henderson comes back because after that I don't see a pure RB. To be Lucas isn't a true RB who you want to carry 20 times from the RB position.