Transfer Portal

DC2345

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not  supposed to contact players until they are in the portal which was today.  Also schools are not supposed to he able offer players any thing to do with NIL

Yea, but I’m sure programs have found loopholes to get around the rule. The Arch Manning recruitment had some shady stuff behind the scenes 

Who's to say the players aren't making first contact?

With the name recognition,  a brother up and coming, the sharks are swarming.   His phone has probably been blowing up with NIL offers, from boosters.  You think these kids don't know what offers will be on the table until they show up on campus?  He probably needs to hire an agent.  

2 hours ago, D-BONE said:

Whoever threw out the Dinardo-era comp. I so hope it doesn't reach those lows, but it looks bleak. I'd say the last couple years have been borderline Dinardo/Lynch. Somewhat more Lynch, but our potential devolution seems vertiginous.

I am sure we'll blow next year, but I don't think it's going to get that bad. Record wise, maybe. But I think the talent will be above DiNardo era levels. At least now you can semi-replace guys via the portal They might not be the greatest players, but they won't be walk ons.

3 hours ago, KDB said:

Id actually like this as well, seems like someone we have a decent chance at. Really need to get QB figured out and then hope we can get a few decent impact guys to surround him. 

• Like 2