Rutgers Post Game

Inequality

We never really got untracked tonight.  But neither did the refs! 

They came out with a 1-3-1 zone which we couldn't handle.  Then Omoruyl got his second foul, and they went man-to-man which we couldn't crack either.  Our pick-and-roll game wasn't there.  We kept settling for 3's.  We got them about midway in the 2d half, but we couldn't hold on.

Just a really dog of a game for us.

BTW that call by the ref made when the guy flopped was the worst one I've seen in awhile.  The refs were looking at the replay so much they might as well have gotten off the floor and reffed it watching the TV.  They would've done just as well as being out on the floor.

• Like 2

Sometimes a bad loss is a good thing early on. I've never personally believed it but history does have a way with things. Ugly performance. Ugly leadership. I knew we would miss JHS calmness and talent but not this much. Hopefully his back is a one time thing. We need him to compliment X....just from spacing alone. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Inequality said:

For those of you that stuck around: Thank you all so much for being the civil respectable people that you are. I’m at work (we don’t get days off) and I was thinking folks was about to burn this place down and the mod team was gonna burn with it. Shew…

Now that you mention it, this loss is all your fault.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

For those of you that stuck around: Thank you all so much for being the civil respectable people that you are. I’m at work (we don’t get days off) and I was thinking folks was about to burn this place down and the mod team was gonna burn with it. Shew…

It's December! Haha...thanks for what you guys do. We'll be just fine. Now if this was March? Just ban people...haha

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Can't minimize how much missing JHS hurts. It just puts so much pressure on XJ. 

Also, I know a lot of guys didn't play well, especially a few core guys, so I feel bad calling these two out, but at some point Bates and JG need to step up and be consistent. 

We don't really have the depth we keep talking about if we can't rely on these guys, especially when you're missing JHS and TJD is struggling some. 

JG is a junior at this point and Bates is a guy we need consistent offense from off the bench. Long, long way to go, but both kind of no-showed in our first two road games. 

Don’t forget Race….he’s absent more than he’s present!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I'll be a mod!  I have a long list of people I want to get even with.

https://springfieldfiles.com/albums/notes/0270.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Durung the 1952-53 season, we lost TWO road games in December (Notre Dame and Kansas State) and still fought back to win the National Championship.  And, we didn't hit a 3-pointer in either game, 

:coffee:

In 81 we were 7-5 in the non conference and losing to Pan American 

Not much to say. We started slow last year and hope we don't give up. I think we will be better and LEARN from this ass kicking. The road is tough in the 10! I was hoping we would be better after road win at X. There was also a BIG let down from N.C. and JHS not playing. The refs effected the game but have to play better! TDJ HAS TO PLAY as hard as he did late last year!! Great to see KOPP after all the abuse he's taken. I am included. Still time to reflect and improve on!!  The road to a being Champions  is always hard and LEARN FROM MISTAKES and change them!!! Love this TEAM BAD DAY SURE!! MANY GOOD ONES TO FOLLOW!! We will see who we really are come MARCH!!  Take care have a great weekend Ps As I mentioned Trayce I wonder if his back still bothering him? Anyone know

Edited by loviubb
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

1 for 16 from three, not counting Kopp.

I'm good with Race never shooting a 3 again.  He is not a stretch four.  Never has been.

The rest of the BigTen scouting staffs will pay attention to this game.

Same problems we've had for years now no shooting.  Just pack it in and force our guards to chuck from deep which they can't.  Easy peesy.  We're a middle of the pack B1G team.  Then we lose our entire starting 5.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Pretty much my thoughts have been posted by others already.  As previously noted, RU showed how to stop us by physically pushing us around inside the paint and it will work as long as the b10 allows smashmouth basketball.

I like that. “smashmouth basketball”

Yeah I agree. What’s frustrating is that taking Trace out of the game and forcing IU to shoot the ball is not a new strategy by opposing teams.