Michigan State Game Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

100 percent Moore should play, and Newkirk and Johnson should be done for the year. 2 seniors combined 5 points, give me a break.

You know there may have been a couple posters on the site that could make better decisions than Crean, but I seriously doubt any of us are better than Archie.

Archie coached this team up 10+ points tonight.  It's a shame he can't get over the hump and get that marquee win.

I do wish he would have started Green, though.

Love what Freddie and Morgan gave us. Next year with a healthy Davis and a few more pieces to work with and we will be much better. Have to believe Romeo recognizes that.

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Wow and this comment after we lost by 3??????

Yes, and are you happy with losing by three???? McSwain played fine, but the first 22 games, not so much. It’s easier to get rebounds when you play guys that can’t make shots, but yeah his effort was great tonight, I agree. I don’t think he is even close to the player Smith is and Moore could do the same thing McSwain does. But your right a 3 point loss is good, I guess it’s the norm and should be accepted right now. Hell maybe we will lose our next 5 games by 5 points total, who knows.

1 minute ago, Montana Hoosier said:

Yes, and are you happy with losing by three???? McSwain played fine, but the first 22 games, not so much. It’s easier to get rebounds when you play guys that can’t make shots, but yeah his effort was great tonight, I agree. I don’t think he is even close to the player Smith is and Moore could do the same thing McSwain does. But your right a 3 point loss is good, I guess it’s the norm and should be accepted right now. Hell maybe we will lose our next 5 games by 5 points total, who knows.

Classic!

11 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Seriously dude we lost by 3 shooting like shit and getting hosed by the zebras! ROJO played great D again!

Rewatch the game and watch him, if you think that is good d your mistaken. How many times do you lose your guy completely before it starts to reflect on your poor d? Johnson is a garbage player and so is Newkirk.

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Wow and this comment after we lost by 3??????

We are 12-12.....Newkirk has been horrible all year yet he plays....a lot.  Johnson is up and down but does need to be on the floor as he is one of our only three point threats....what would it hurt to give Moore a few minutes in the Frontcourt?  Freddie and Hartman are graduating and if Morgan leaves (I hope he doesn’t) we will only have Smith back with any B10 frontcourt experience.  De’Ron will eventually be back but that injury is a tough rehab, there are no guarantees.  Based on all of this,  wouldn’t it be beneficial to sneak Moore a few minutes here and there?  No one is questioning the effort tonight, it was great....

6 minutes ago, Montana Hoosier said:

Rewatch the game and watch him, if you think that is good d your mistaken. How many times do you lose your guy completely before it starts to reflect on your poor d? Johnson is a garbage player and so is Newkirk.

Ive watched every second of every game this year. ROJO has played great D the entire season. I think that’s why he’s not shooting well. Josh has been good and bad. Honestly, I would’ve liked Green starting over Josh. To say Rob hasn’t played good D, maybe YOU should rewatch this and every other game!

And before you tear me apart, I am all in on Archie....he is light years ahead of Crean.  The crap we are seeing now is due to bad habits that Crean allowed and ignored.  As a fan, I would like to see Moore get some minutes.  Archie obviously feels different so let’s roll with that....

1 hour ago, CTrojan88 said:

How is that giving up?  He played well in the few minutes he got against Northwestern.  He can’t be any worse or be harder to overcome than some of these guys that play big minutes

So you think you know more about what is best for this team than the coach who is around the team every day.  If he is not playing that tells me that he is not ready for this type of competition.

I saw a few bad calls but I did not see where we were totally hosed by the officials and they were not the reason for the loss.  Also I feel that Bridges is totally overrated and have no idea why he only shoots 3's.  At 6'7 and 230 lbs he should drive to the basket or post up way more.  Tonight he had McRoberts guarding him and he could just out muscle him for easy baskets.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you think you know more about what is best for this team than the coach who is around the team every day.  If he is not playing that tells me that he is not ready for this type of competition.

No, I’d just like to see him get some spot minutes here and there.  He couldn’t hurt us any more than Newkirk does....with that said, Archie obviously disagrees and most likely has a good reason not to play him.  Maybe he wants the seniors to have every chance to right this season before he starts making decisions with an eye towards next year....who knows

Just now, CTrojan88 said:

No, I’d just like to see him get some spot minutes here and there.  He couldn’t hurt us any more than Newkirk does....with that said, Archie obviously disagrees and most likely has a good reason not to play him.  Maybe he wants the seniors to have every chance to right this season before he starts making decisions with an eye towards next year....who knows

They play totally different positions so you would be putting Moore in for Newkirk.  Playing Moore means you would be playing McSwain, Smith and Morgan less.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They play totally different positions so you would be putting Moore in for Newkirk.  Playing Moore means you would be playing McSwain, Smith and Morgan less.

Buck traditional and current trends with line ups. Let's go 4 bigs and 1 guard to totally get away from crean 4 guard line ups:panic:O.o

Just now, IU Scott said:

First, I know they play different positions, I was just using Newkirk as an example.  He hurts more than he helps more times than not.  Playing Moore a few minutes here and there to spell the bigs couldn’t do any more damage than playing Newkirk already does.  Freddie played great tonight but let’s not act like he has been doing it all year.  Smith obviously has a lot to learn but is getting the chance to do so and Morgan, well, I wish he never had to sit but that isn’t realistic.  There are 3-4 spot minutes there that he could fill.  We play a lot of 3 guard sets as well so him replacing a guard and going big for a few minutes may not be a bad thing....there are several opportunities there to get him on the floor

1 minute ago, CTrojan88 said:

First, I know they play different positions, I was just using Newkirk as an example.  He hurts more than he helps more times than not.  Playing Moore a few minutes here and there to spell the bigs couldn’t do any more damage than playing Newkirk already does.  Freddie played great tonight but let’s not act like he has been doing it all year.  Smith obviously has a lot to learn but is getting the chance to do so and Morgan, well, I wish he never had to sit but that isn’t realistic.  There are 3-4 spot minutes there that he could fill.  We play a lot of 3 guard sets as well so him replacing a guard and going big for a few minutes may not be a bad thing....there are several opportunities there to get him on the floor

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this because I don't think Moore could have made an difference if he were in the game.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this because I don't think Moore could have made an difference if he were in the game.

Sounds good and I may be way off.  I just remember the NW game and felt he played well.  We haven’t really seen him since.  The common thread getting us beat in these close games continues to be free throws.  Until we begin making those, it doesn’t matter who plays.

Archived