Rutgers Pregame Thread

KenPom likes Rutgers 64-63, giving us a 49% chance of victory.

ESPN gives us a 44% chance to win.

Vegas likes IU -1.

Rutgers is on short rest just like us, losing a heartbreaker to Purdue on Saturday. They have three players that average double figures, with Corey Sanders being their best at 14 ppg. They are not a great team shooting from distance, just like us. Issa Thiam does average 39% from three, and Geo Baker averages 36%. Stopping Deshawn Freeman is the key down low, as he averages 11 ppg and 8 rpg. However, he is only 6'7", and of their players that get major minutes, Issa Thiam is the only one with height at 6'10", but he is a guard.

It doesn't really appear that they are ready made to take advantage of our weaknesses. We should have a good shot at this one if we can get some shots to fall.

Concerned that this is going to be a repeat of the Ohio State game. Expended tons of energy and emotion vs MSU just like the Purdue game. 

Hope I am wrong and we come out with tons of energy. Yes, Rutgers played Saturday as well, but earlier in the day and no travel 

Rutgers? I mean, Rutgers ?   Really what are they.... other than the first football school ?  And they are not that very good at football. Shouldn't even be in the BIG.  Aren't we a  Midwestern conference after all ?  Blood suckers off of the BIG money monster. Would have gone under.... had it not been for the benevolence of the BIG to save them, along with Maryland. Especially Maryland. Love their BB fan base. But the Big Ten conference bailed them out, before they were ready to go under, financially.  And that is a fact... admitted to, at the time by their own administration. 

IU was  in the same place. Under Greenspan. Yet the Big Ten Network, came to save us.  Why... rescue two schools on the East Coast ?  They don't belong. Nebraska was a good addition.  Time to add Kansas.

Oh heck, I really am concerned about this match up. What else is new ? 

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think we will win. We've got the best player on the floor and have the means to stop their best player. Not sure they have a good way to slow down Morgan. 

You and I both know they have the means to slow down Morgan. We've seen them all year long and they make their presence known.

Hint: there's 3 of them, they won't be wearing basketball uniforms, but they'll be on the floor during the game :snack:

I’d like to see them have energy.  At Michigan (after ND), at OSU (after Purdue) the team couldn’t summon the requisite energy to compete especially after they put a lot into the prior game.  The two day turnaround on the road is a challenge.  Rutgers was at home and is staying at home.  IU needs some energy.  

They all know this, so let’s see if they overcome it.  For a senior, there’s not much time left.  Go out on a high note down the stretch here.  

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Rutgers? I mean, Rutgers ?   Really what are they.... other than the first football school ?  And they are not that very good at football. Shouldn't even be in the BIG.  Aren't we a  Midwestern conference after all ?  Blood suckers off of the BIG money monster. Would have gone under.... had it not been for the benevolence of the BIG to save them, along with Maryland. Especially Maryland. Love their BB fan base. But the Big Ten conference bailed them out, before they were ready to go under, financially.  And that is a fact... admitted to, at the time by their own administration. 

IU was  in the same place. Under Greenspan. Yet the Big Ten Network, came to save us.  Why... rescue two schools on the East Coast ?  They don't belong. Nebraska was a good addition.  Time to add Kansas.

Oh heck, I really am concerned about this match up. What else is new ? 

Mile, I agree totally with you. Get rid of Maryland and Rutgers. Bring in a couple schools like Kansas, Iowa State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma or even Missouri. In my opinion the Big 10 is in the midwest not the east coast. The Big 10 Tourney should be held in Big 10 country (Indianapolis) not in Washington D.C. or New York. 

Archived