Rutgers post game thread

madmax

Great win tonight.

My only complaint tonight was the play of Newkirk. Was it me, or did he seem like he was sulking when on the court? Seemed like he was only looking for his own offense, and not concerned about actually running the plays. I know he isn't starting anymore, but we're still inevitably going to need him down the stretch. He played selfish and that is the last thing we need.

Biggest positive for me tonight was Devonte Green. He was excellent on defense and his decision making I thought was superb. I really think he can be a special player if he continues to develop and plays within the offense.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game by the Hoosiers. They showed some toughness and resolve tonight. Excellent defense, decent shooting and team ball. I sense that they have bought into Coach Miller's philosophy. I hope Green continues to develop and Newkirk stays on the pine. His head is in the clouds and he is playing very selfishly. 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Probably a stretch here, but say we win 4 of the last 5 (assuming a loss at Nebraska) and make the Big10 finals.....at 20-14 does the RPI creep up enough to be on the bubble?? Guessing no with 14 losses. Never mind, we need to win the tourney.

Think at this point having not beaten MSU or PU probably not.  Have to win the B1G tourney to get in,

My MVP would have to be Devonte. Morgan was obviously dominant, but that's kind of getting boring at this point(in a wonderful way).  Rojo hit some shots and played a good all around game.. But to me Devonte really makes the offense click when he's playing well and making good decisions. His defense tonight was also excellent.

1 minute ago, bstall76 said:

When was the last time IU scored 65 and won by 20? 

Great game.  Great defense, great 3 pt shooting

Free throws sucked

Newkirk was awful.  I really think he sees the writing on the wall and has checked out.

Morgan deserves more talk for B1G POY

About 3 weeks ago when we played NW.

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Hard to say who the MVP is (maybe the defense) but it sure did seem like the game turned when Freddie went out in the first half. He really is a bad match up for the opposing team! 

Freddie, he was the only player to hit 2 free throws in a row, that is enough for me to make him MVP

Just now, madmax said:

My MVP would have to be Devonte. Morgan was obviously dominant, but that's kind of getting boring at this point(in a wonderful way).  Rojo hit some shots and played a good all around game.. But to me Devonte really makes the offense click when he's playing well and making good decisions. His defense tonight was also excellent.

I think we're seeing Green turn the corner, great to see.

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Probably a stretch here, but say we win 4 of the last 5 (assuming a loss at Nebraska) and make the Big10 finals.....at 20-14 does the RPI creep up enough to be on the bubble?? Guessing no with 14 losses. Never mind, we need to win the tourney.

I doubt it. We really have no marquee wins this season, and the Minnesota/ND wins haven't aged well at all. I imagine we will have to win the BTT to make the dance. I think if we had won two of the MSUx2, Purdue, OSUx2, and Duke games then that's probably a different story, but unfortunately we didn't.

Archived