Rutgers post game thread

madmax

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I think I disagree on the Newkirk selfish ball. I actually felt like Archie wanted him to go out and just play, keep shooting. Now if he was doing that in a close game, I would agree. We need him to get going a little bit. 

Maybe you are right, I admittedly was in and out of the room during the second half. There were a few instances when he seemed to just play isolation basketball or shoot without making a pass. We'll need him the rest of the way, hope he can pick it up.

6 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Probably a stretch here, but say we win 4 of the last 5 (assuming a loss at Nebraska) and make the Big10 finals.....at 20-14 does the RPI creep up enough to be on the bubble?? Guessing no with 14 losses. Never mind, we need to win the tourney.

Probably can't lose all the way up until the B1G championship game. 

Side note: Nebraska plays us after only 1 day off...they'll be returning home after what I expect to be a physical game @ Illinois.

Nebraska has a good chance to win their next 4 games. 20-8 might be enough for them to get in to the Top 25. So we will have a chance to grab a Top 25 road win with them coming off short rest and us (hopefully) with some momentum.

That said, we're on to Minnesota. 

It’s Rutgers, but... games we’ve given up 43 points or fewer since the 1986-1987 season: 

90-42 over Bryant at home December 2009

65-43 over Iowa at home January 2008

92-40 over Western Illinois at home December 2006

66-41 over Wisconsin at home March 1992

95-43 over Northwestern at home January 1987

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It’s Rutgers, but... games we’ve given up 43 points or fewer since the 1986-1987 season: 

90-42 over Bryant at home December 2009

65-43 over Iowa at home January 2008

92-40 over Western Illinois at home December 2006

66-41 over Wisconsin at home March 1992

95-43 over Northwestern at home January 1987

All home games, no less. Wonder when the last time we allowed this few on the road?

24 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

When was the last time IU scored 65 and won by 20? 

Great game.  Great defense, great 3 pt shooting

Free throws sucked

Newkirk was awful.  I really think he sees the writing on the wall and has checked out.

Morgan deserves more talk for B1G POY

They did beat NW a couple of weeks ago 66-46

29 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Think at this point having not beaten MSU or PU probably not.  Have to win the B1G tourney to get in,

Let's say we win out...we probably finish top 5 in conference then have wins over Nebraska and OSU. Make the BTT finals and that's probably two more wins against top 4 teams. 

Not saying we would be in, but hard to say we wouldn't. 

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Let's say we win out...we probably finish top 5 in conference then have wins over Nebraska and OSU. Make the BTT finals and that's probably two more wins against top 4 teams. 

Not saying we would be in, but hard to say we wouldn't. 

I don't think we get there, but you're right, that's not out of the realm of possibilities. 

I think we can win out -- although winning at Neb and at home ag OSU will be difficult, but the way the team played tonight, and as close as they were against MSU, they're confidence is there now, and they may be finding their form. Definitely some reason for optimism.

Regardless, I think we're going to finish top 7, and probably better. 5th or 6th is there for the taking, and even in a down conference year, that would be an accomplishment with this team in year 1 for CAM.

5 minutes ago, Who-Dey Hoosier said:

It's been nice watching this team progress under Archie this season.  Ups and downs, but the foundation is looking good!

Except for free throws, almost time to go mandatory granny shots!

God, let's do something. I don't think the team could shoot much worse from the line.  I'd be to the point of telling them to shoot jump shots if it helped.

I've said it many times...there is no way this team is practicing enough free throws.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

God, let's do something. I don't think the team could shoot much worse from the line.  I'd be to the point of telling them to shoot jump shots if it helped.

I've said it many times...there is no way this team is practicing enough free throws.

I'm all for blind folding the shooter and having someone spin him around 3 times :panic:

Archived