Rutgers post game thread

madmax

On 2/5/2018 at 6:06 PM, Jacarcio said:

I really think we are starting to see a culture  being developed and a grit that I hope every indiana team has under Archie. Future is bright. I hope we get some post season play regardless of where that comes from

I agree 100%.  Despite this game being a win, it was terribly hard to watch.  If we had more than two or three solid players, as we will going forward, with the defensive intensity and better offensive sets, fewer TO's, etc, we would have won this game by 35 points.  I am really looking forward to next year, especially if we get Romeo, keep Morgan, and McBob continues to improve on offense.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Are there still people that don't think our defense is better this year/under Archie?

Over the last 10 games, IU is 6th in the nation in adjusted defense efficiency! 

http://www.barttorvik.com/altrank.php?sort=AdjDE&r=hrank&year=2018&conlimit=All

That's impressive! Archie is definitely a coach who gets more from less. Overall, team has steadily improved and players really started understanding their roles. 

Guess none of us imagined we'd have Morgan-McSwain-McRoberts-Johnson-Green starting lineup, but I like it and this gives us the best chance to win at this point. Kudos to Archie!

47 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Are there still people that don't think our defense is better this year/under Archie?

Over the last 10 games, IU is 6th in the nation in adjusted defense efficiency! 

http://www.barttorvik.com/altrank.php?sort=AdjDE&r=hrank&year=2018&conlimit=All

A sign of things to come.

We're going to be a tough team, a fighting, in-your-face defensive team, and that's a kind of team I personally really like. Now if he can land the key recruits he is going after, going forward, so that we have shooting and play-making to go with the D, we become a really tough out.

Archived