Colts...

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Listened to Ballard just now. If I was a Colts fan I would have zero doubt in my mind that success is coming. Love Ballard. Handled entire presser with class, energy, perspective and fire. 

Did you hear Ballards last comment? "The rivalry is on".....

Maybe not next year, LOL but sometime soon

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Its NE or nothing for McDaniels. Who would go after him now.

Yeah...he's absolutely toxic to the other 31 teams.  Agent did the right thing firing him.  Apparently the agent also told McDaniels he was making a huge mistake.

You know...I was utterly disinterested in this year's superbowl other than one thing...I wanted to see the Pats lose.  New England is the UK of the NFL.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You know...I was utterly disinterested in this year's superbowl other than one thing...I wanted to see the Pats lose.  New England is the UK of the NFL.

Kind of funny. The Super Bowl party me and the little lady attended had quite the variety of fandom.  A lot of Colts fans, lots of Bears fans, Packer fans, Lions fans, Browns fans.......hell there was even one Bills fan there.  Kinda funny that we all were Eagles fans that night!!!!!!!!  

Who knows how this all shakes out but given the vote of confidence from Peyton, Polian, Dungy,etc...Reich seems to fit Colts and Indianapolis for that matter perfectly. Biggest issue for Colts remains the same. Need to address years of Grigson failed drafts/free agents. Talent is needed everywhere. 

There's speculation that Ballard wanted Campbell but Irsay took over and hired Reich and that there's some ill will between them now.  I'm not totally sold on Reich.  The guy was the OC in Philly but didn't call any plays.  I know there's precedence of this, but it still makes me wonder.  A buddy of mine at work showed me a video where Reich was breaking a couple of plays down, but in his breakdown he kept saying (paraphrasing) "We were going to run X, but coach wanted to run Y.  We ran Y and it worked, here's the breakdown."  He kept saying coach like it was Pederson who was the mastermind.  Doesn't give me a vote of confidence in his play calling.  It may turn out to be a good hire, but I'm not totally sold.

29 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

There's speculation that Ballard wanted Campbell but Irsay took over and hired Reich and that there's some ill will between them now.  I'm not totally sold on Reich.  The guy was the OC in Philly but didn't call any plays.  I know there's precedence of this, but it still makes me wonder.  A buddy of mine at work showed me a video where Reich was breaking a couple of plays down, but in his breakdown he kept saying (paraphrasing) "We were going to run X, but coach wanted to run Y.  We ran Y and it worked, here's the breakdown."  He kept saying coach like it was Pederson who was the mastermind.  Doesn't give me a vote of confidence in his play calling.  It may turn out to be a good hire, but I'm not totally sold.

I don't buy this for 2 reasons:

#1- Bill Polian said that was simply untrue. And say what you want about Polian, he's a straight shooter.

#2- Before Ballard was hired, Pagano was on the hot seat. I'm sure a new coaching change was discussed. If Ballard felt like he didn't have the authority to hire the coach, I highly doubt he'd have come

I agree with you though, regarding Reich. However, I think he was the only choice really. He made the most sense. I'm sure he can handle a game better than Pagano though

1 hour ago, ephul said:

I don't buy this for 2 reasons:

#1- Bill Polian said that was simply untrue. And say what you want about Polian, he's a straight shooter.

#2- Before Ballard was hired, Pagano was on the hot seat. I'm sure a new coaching change was discussed. If Ballard felt like he didn't have the authority to hire the coach, I highly doubt he'd have come

I agree with you though, regarding Reich. However, I think he was the only choice really. He made the most sense. I'm sure he can handle a game better than Pagano though

Yeah ANYONE is better than Pagano.  I just hope they got a good head coach.

A lot of people who are well respected in the NFL have stated that they think the Colts got the right guy, even if they didn't plan it that way.

Reich will bring discipline to a team that often was it's own worst enemy. He also will be better than Pagano in making adjustments--- look at all the games this season that the Colts lost in the latter stages of the game. Reich may not be a home run hire but he's a solid coach with a stellar reputation. 

Really, the success of any coach that Irsay/Ballard brought in is going to depend on the health of A Luck. If Andrew needs more surgery or if he never returns to health, it really doesn't matter who the coach is. The surrounding talent is not good enough to make up for a middling quarterback . We saw that this year, and I'm afraid that if Luck is still unable to play, the Colts will be in a downward spiral for a bit 

I think Polian cleared up some things up today. Reich didn't want to do interviews during playoffs. That removed him from Ballard and others who considered him a viable candidate. Polian, Dungy, Peyton,etc....all have vouched for Reich. I think it's a very good hire. Could be great. Let me say this too. Bears fan. I thought McDaniels was the jewel of the off season (besides Gruden). I was dead wrong. Couple weeks later after continuing to read more and more....I don't want McDaniels at all around Bears or Colts.

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think Polian cleared up some things up today. Reich didn't want to do interviews during playoffs. That removed him from Ballard and others who considered him a viable candidate. Polian, Dungy, Peyton,etc....all have vouched for Reich. I think it's a very good hire. Could be great. Let me say this too. Bears fan. I thought McDaniels was the jewel of the off season (besides Gruden). I was dead wrong. Couple weeks later after continuing to read more and more....I don't want McDaniels at all around Bears or Colts.

Amen to the first part.

As far as the second.......I think there are 31 teams in the NFL that want nothing to do with McDaniels ever.  

Archived