Time to start talking resumes.

rico

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It's based on when the bracketologists they include in the matrix update their projections. Becomes more frequent as it gets closer to crunch time. Could be daily at this point.

Gotcha and I love it........Thank you.

They have Nebraska ranked below Notre Dame and not even sniffing a tourney spot? Not saying they should be in but I would think 9-4 with in Big 10 and some very close losses has to have them in the bubble talk. 1 point loss to Kansas might really hurt them come resume comparison season. 

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

UCLA in the first four out...nice job coaching up all that talent, Alford!

I know this sounds petty but I really don't want to see them get in. Specifically Wilkes and his crew. This is cut/paste from an article posted earlier today. Still ticks me off that he went there when you can tell he still thinks of IU so quickly.

On that craziest stadium atmospheres that he's seen/been a part of

Besides back in IU, that was a pretty big atmosphere, but besides that, I think this would probably be the biggest.

Were you playing at IU's stadium (Bloomington Assembly Hall) for the high school state tournament?
No, I went down there to watch a couple games. But just being in that atmosphere, it’s always pretty packed and it’s always sold out and the fans are always really involved.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I know this sounds petty but I really don't want to see them get in. Specifically Wilkes and his crew. This is cut/paste from an article posted earlier today. Still ticks me off that he went there when you can tell he still thinks of IU so quickly.

On that craziest stadium atmospheres that he's seen/been a part of

Besides back in IU, that was a pretty big atmosphere, but besides that, I think this would probably be the biggest.

Were you playing at IU's stadium (Bloomington Assembly Hall) for the high school state tournament?
No, I went down there to watch a couple games. But just being in that atmosphere, it’s always pretty packed and it’s always sold out and the fans are always really involved.

Well even if no one’s showing up to watch him play, at least Alford’s developed him into a first round draft pick... Oh wait...

Figured I would put this here. NIT Bracketology!

http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-bracketology/

This was last updated January 28th, so a bit outdated. It has IU out of the field but "strongly considered." We have gone 1-3 since this was last updated, with losses to PU, OSU and MSU and the win over Rutgers.

Here is another. https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/ We are not in the field. This one appears to be current.

31 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

ESPN bubble watch: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22256337/bubble-watch-returns-competition-places-acc-sec

IU is not listed as even "having work to do". We are not on the radar.

Have to win the BTT to get in.  But I guess maybe we’d be on the bubble if we win out and then make the BTT championship game.  Anything less not close to enough.

8 hours ago, rico said:

On the road, no less.  Big W for the Bruins.  

Yeah I saw where it was away. Who would've thought Arizona State would fall so far after they reached #3 .Currently unranked and sitting in the mid-pack of the Pac-12.Their crash in conference play has been as hard if not harder  than IU's last season. They've won 2 straight now, and both ASU and UCLA really need this win in their upcoming meeting. It could end up being a virtual play-in game for an at-large berth if both schools' fail to play their way clearly off the bubble.

Archived