Time to start talking resumes.

rico

24 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Yeah I saw where it was away. Who would've thought Arizona State would fall so far after they reached #3 .Currently unranked and sitting in the mid-pack of the Pac-12.Their crash in conference play has been as hard if not harder  than IU's last season. They've won 2 straight now, and both ASU and UCLA really need this win in their upcoming meeting. It could end up being a virtual play-in game for an at-large berth if both schools' fail to play their way clearly off the bubble.

Yeah, the 'Devils appear to be some sort of enigma like we were last year.......however the PAC-12 is just a mess.  I really don't know how good anybody is......and conversely how bad anybody is.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

A few years ago Syracuse made the tourney, controversially, at 17-13.  Their three best wins rpi 15 @duke, 18 Tex a&m, and 24 notre dame.  

They stumbled down the stretch, we could be rolling.  Nebraska may crack top 25.  OSU is top 10.  

Too lazy to look it up, but I'd highly doubt that Syracuse team had losses as bad as we have had this season. I really don't think there is any chance for us, unless we were to win the BTT. I suppose it would be possible if we went undefeated the rest of this season and made the championship in the BTT and had beaten a couple ranked teams in the tourney along the way... but the chance of all of that happening is slim.

6 minutes ago, madmax said:

Too lazy to look it up, but I'd highly doubt that Syracuse team had losses as bad as we have had this season. I really don't think there is any chance for us, unless we were to win the BTT. I suppose it would be possible if we went undefeated the rest of this season and made the championship in the BTT and had beaten a couple ranked teams in the tourney along the way... but the chance of all of that happening is slim.

I'm with you.  Just looking at their schedule they didn't lose to any garbage like we did.  They did lose 5 of their last 6 and still got the bid.  They made the final four, so what gives?  

IU can go on a run.  This defense travels.  Coach not giving up on the seniors will pay off this time of year.  Fingers crossed.

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm with you.  Just looking at their schedule they didn't lose to any garbage like we did.  They did lose 5 of their last 6 and still got the bid.  They made the final four, so what gives?  

IU can go on a run.  This defense travels.  Coach not giving up on the seniors will pay off this time of year.  Fingers crossed.

It's possible we could add 4 top 25 wins, 3 of which would be likely top 10. Add to that the ND, PSU and Maryland we and I think it would be really hard to leave us out. 

Obviously we have our work cut out for us to do that, but it's right there for the taking. 

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It's possible we could add 4 top 25 wins, 3 of which would be likely top 10. Add to that the ND, PSU and Maryland we and I think it would be really hard to leave us out. 

Obviously we have our work cut out for us to do that, but it's right there for the taking. 

I like us to beat any team in the B1G except MSU. Not that we can't, I just don't like that matchup. Am I following you correctly with wins @ Nebraksa and vs. Ohio State, getting the 6 seed in the BTT. Then beating 3-seed Purdue/OSU, then beating 2-seed PU/OSU prior to the championship game?

If that happens, I think we are definitely in.

10 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I like us to beat any team in the B1G except MSU. Not that we can't, I just don't like that matchup. Am I following you correctly with wins @ Nebraksa and vs. Ohio State, getting the 6 seed in the BTT. Then beating 3-seed Purdue/OSU, then beating 2-seed PU/OSU prior to the championship game?

You follow correctly.  A lot has to happen, but all of those games are winnable.  Green has to keep playing as he has and even building on it and we need Johnson to find his shot.  If that happens, we are going to be very tough to beat down the stretch.  

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

If that happens, I'll make five laps around the outside of the house buck naked.

I like the trend of this team, but I'm not at all concerned about honoring that wager.:D

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If that happens, I'll make five laps around the outside of the house buck naked.

I like the trend of this team, but I'm not at all concerned about honoring that wager.:D

Slow laps?

Throw in new IU tattoos to the wager.

They have to be slow laps.

Show off candy stripe pants tattoos.

1 minute ago, PoHoosier said:

Slow laps?

Throw in new IU tattoos to the wager.

They have to be slow laps.

Show off candy stripe pants tattoos.

If IU wins all of the games in that scenario, I won't rule out any of that.  I used to run competitive 10Ks but it's been a few years...the laps would definitely be slow.

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

You follow correctly.  A lot has to happen, but all of those games are winnable.  Green has to keep playing as he has and even building on it and we need Johnson to find his shot.  If that happens, we are going to be very tough to beat down the stretch.  

I completely agree. Johnson does need to find his shot...I really believe he will with increasing confidence during this win streak.  But imagine if Freddie and Justin start finishing a couple more layups/dunks. 

57 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

I completely agree. Johnson does need to find his shot...I really believe he will with increasing confidence during this win streak.  But imagine if Freddie and Justin start finishing a couple more layups/dunks. 

That's like an extra 10 points a game if they do that. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Real talk: does OSU getting snubbed in football help the Big Ten get teams that aren't being projected in the field? Let's not pretend politics aren't ever a part of the NCAA. 

As long as ESPN has a financial interest in the SEC and ACC, don't expect any favors. Always interesting to watch the SEC struggle in non conference, only to see their teams rise in the rankings by not losing to other crappy teams. We make a ton of cash with the BIG network, but it comes at a price. 

I don't know maybe it's just a BIG fan stuck in the heart of SEC country that has jaded me. But who would you rather go through this year in a conference tourney with a NCAA berth on the line, SEC or BIG?

Archived