Time to start talking resumes.

rico

57 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I find it comical that the NIT has automatic qualifiers as a second tier tournament.

It is just a reward for a team that could go undefeated in the conference regular season and on one night have a bad game and lose in the conference tournament.  I would rather see a team that went 28-5 get in over a team that goes 17-15 and have a losing conference record.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is just a reward for a team that could go undefeated in the conference regular season and on one night have a bad game and lose in the conference tournament.  I would rather see a team that went 28-5 get in over a team that goes 17-15 and have a losing conference record.

That depends a LOT on the level of competition.

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That depends a LOT on the level of competition.

I kind of agree with Scott on this one. This isn't like Duke, UNC, KU, MSU, or UK paying, I mean playing, to win the MAC. Usually the teams in the same conference recruit at a fairly similar level and you have to play the teams on your schedule. 

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is where the name brand comes in and what conference they played in.  I didn't look it up but I wonder how many mid-majors have won the NIT or how many have even gotten to NYC.

Archived