Minnesota Pregame Thread

And just in case people aren't on twitter. Hartman hasn't missed a shot in warm ups from 3. Hopefully it translates. Not that it's going to change the year much but I really want the kid to finish out strong. Injuries have caused so many headaches. Would love it for him to have his moments down the stretch. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And just in case people aren't on twitter. Hartman hasn't missed a shot in warm ups from 3. Hopefully it translates. Not that it's going to change the year much but I really want the kid to finish out strong. Injuries have caused so many headaches. Would love it for him to have his moments down the stretch. 

Shoulder and leg must be feeling better. Kid has gone through so much... injury wise... in his IU career.   Thanks for the report.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hmmmmmmm, maybe something to do with a game plan?

3 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

As much as I want this to be an easy game for IU, part of me wants to beat a team with a full roster. Almost cheapens the win if they are playing at less than full strength 

Very true.  Always want to beat a team when they are at their strongest.  I agree.  However..... seeing as how much we need a W....  Oh well.... you know. 

I like Coffey as a player and actually remember his dad too.  

I don’t like Jordan Murphy’s game.  Not my kind of player.  He is out there looking for stats as opposed to making winning plays for his team.  He can be a black hole even in situations that aren’t advantageous.  Unlike Morgan, who gets stats but it’s in the context of making the right play, Murphy forces plays for the purposes of stats.  He’s the classic hollow stats on a bad team guy.  Every team will have somebody with scoring and rebounding.  I used to call it the Shareef Abdur Rahim phenomenon.  He was a guy who continually got you 20 and 10 on teams that would go 26-56.  I don’t think he ever played on a winning team.  

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Someone should tell him to stop shooting and save it for the game. 

14 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

As much as I want this to be an easy game for IU, part of me wants to beat a team with a full roster. Almost cheapens the win if they are playing at less than full strength 

We've been playing with less than a full roster most of the year. No one remembers that when they look at the scores. 

Edit: And people don't say they didn't beat IU in 09/10 when our roster was decimated. To quote the great Jimmy Johnson. Pour it on. Don't let up.

Archived