Some things never change

Thinking back to the scene in Hoosiers when Barbara Hershey says how she loves that some things never change. 

Listening to the pep band tonight I hear some of the same songs that I heard 40 years ago when I was a student.

Love the tradition that is IU basketball!

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Candy Stripes.

Drove me crazy how the announcer Donny Marshall kept going on how he hates the candy stripes.  Some of the tradition on IU basketball ball I miss is the camera angle that they use to have at AH. I miss when some of the games used local announcers on channel for in Indy because the announcers tonight were horrible.

I miss when the team was visiting somewhere and the IU announcers would say “so-and-so from Kenosha say hello to their Indiana family”.. my husband and I went to a game up in Madison, WI, and asked Laz if he’d pass along a hello back home and we were told they couldn’t do that anymore (early 90’s). Bummer!

11 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

Kitch and Laz!  Those were the days.

A buddy and I caught on to a habit that Kitch had while doing a game.

He would make a point and regularly look for approval from Laz by saying "ain't that right Laz"

It got to the point, if my buddy and I were talking we would end a sentence with "ain't that right Laz", and just laugh.

Great memories of growing up on IU.

5 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Bob Knight once said if he was going into war he would want Kitchel on his side,I think Ted had that kind of personality when doing games,wasn't afraid to speak he's opinion.

Well I wouldn't want to be sitting in a fox hole next to Knight.  Hell, he might shoot me.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

On 2/9/2018 at 9:56 PM, IU Scott said:

Drove me crazy how the announcer Donny Marshall kept going on how he hates the candy stripes.  Some of the tradition on IU basketball ball I miss is the camera angle that they use to have at AH. I miss when some of the games used local announcers on channel for in Indy because the announcers tonight were horrible.

Donnie Marshall was near Dakich level  of annoying throughout that game, even without his hatred of the candy stripes. But he official joined the list of announcers I can't tolerate when he X'ed out the candy stripes in the crowd. What an ass. 

On 2/10/2018 at 10:56 AM, bluegrassIU said:

A buddy and I caught on to a habit that Kitch had while doing a game.

He would make a point and regularly look for approval from Laz by saying "ain't that right Laz"

It got to the point, if my buddy and I were talking we would end a sentence with "ain't that right Laz", and just laugh.

Great memories of growing up on IU.

My high school principal was Tom Laskowski, John's brother.

Archived