Some things never change

7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I don't think so...Sampson was enough for him

Very true.  Kitchel famously opined on the Sampson hire :  " I wouldn't hire that guy (Sampson) to coach my fifth grade girl's team. "

It was as much a slam on Mr. Glass, as it was on Sampson. 

20 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Very true.  Kitchel famously opined on the Sampson hire :  " I wouldn't hire that guy (Sampson) to coach my fifth grade girl's team. "

It was as much a slam on Mr. Glass, as it was on Sampson. 

Glass did not hire Sampson so it couldn't be that Kitchel is upset with Glass.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Glass did not hire Sampson so it couldn't be that Kitchel is upset with Glass.

Perhaps, I should have separated the two.  Kitchel did not like the Sampson hire.  And he was upset when Mr. Glass hired Archie.... "Saying that he (Glass) did not live up to his hiring promises."   Basically..... saying that Glass would look at an Indiana guy, and namely one.... Steve Alford.  Kitchel hated the Sampson hire.  Was not as upset with Archie... but felt Mr. Glass should have looked at former IU guys before hiring Archie, based on what Mr. Glass said about who he intended to go after.  Kitchel is or was upset with Mr. Glass, after the Miller hire.

Former IU star Kitchel believes AD Glass did not live up to coaching search promises 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Perhaps, I should have separated the two.  Kitchel did not like the Sampson hire.  And he was upset when Mr. Glass hired Archie.... "Saying that he (Glass) did not live up to his hiring promises."   Basically..... saying that Glass would look at an Indiana guy, and namely one.... Steve Alford.  Kitchel hated the Sampson hire.  Was not as upset with Archie... but felt Mr. Glass should have looked at former IU guys before hiring Archie, based on what Mr. Glass said about who he intended to go after.  Kitchel is or was upset with Mr. Glass, after the Miller hire.

Former IU star Kitchel believes AD Glass did not live up to coaching search promises 

Well Kitchel can just get over himself because Archie is doing a great job.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

With all due respect to Mr. Kitchell, his "Indiana guy" coach came out of Ohio too.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

True.  Very true. 

The other thing that strikes me as funny is that I believe Archie is the first coach at IU since Knight that Knight actually sort of endorsed as a good choice.  While I'm annoyed with Knight's recent actions, he's probably a very good a judge of coaching acumen so that "sort of" endorsement struck me as high praise.  Kitchell's endorsement of Alford was laughable.  Alford has loads more talent on his team this year, has several years of coaching continuity and yet he's STILL on the tournament bubble.  I'm amazed that I can see what a poor choice Alford would be while a former player is completely in the dark.  I wonder if he studied Alford's coaching resume (which didn't really look any better than the coach IU had just fired to me) before he did that interview?

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The other thing that strikes me as funny is that I believe Archie is the first coach at IU since Knight that Knight actually sort of endorsed as a good choice.  While I'm annoyed with Knight's recent actions, he's probably a very good a judge of coaching acumen so that "sort of" endorsement struck me as high praise.  Kitchell's endorsement of Alford was laughable.  Alford has loads more talent on his team this year, has several years of coaching continuity and yet he's STILL on the tournament bubble.  I'm amazed that I can see what a poor choice Alford would be while a former player is completely in the dark.  I wonder if he studied Alford's coaching resume (which didn't really look any better than the coach IU had just fired to me) before he did that interview?

True. Also very true.

Bob Knight praises new IU coach Archie Miller

On 2/9/2018 at 9:56 PM, IU Scott said:

Drove me crazy how the announcer Donny Marshall kept going on how he hates the candy stripes.  Some of the tradition on IU basketball ball I miss is the camera angle that they use to have at AH. I miss when some of the games used local announcers on channel for in Indy because the announcers tonight were horrible.

I was annoyed too. Coming from a guy who went to no/not much men's basketball at the time UConn, I assumed he just doesn't get it. I remember when he played, Donyell Marshall was there and the much better player, so at first when watching UConn we always thought why are they calling Donyell, Donnie now? Then we realized there was another player on the team with a similar name.

I definitely miss the WTTV4 broadcasts. For some reason, I remember the matchups on there vs. Athletes in Action more than other games they carried.

Archived