Minnesota Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Someone in the game chat asked if Freddie could keep Murphy from a double double. If the ESPN box score is accurate, he finished with 12 points, 9 rebounds. 

I’ve been impressed with Freddie. Yea he missed a couple dunks, but he hit a few layups! I think he’s getting more confidence and playing better. He could be huge for us down the stretch!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hoosrnight said:

I’ve been impressed with Freddie. Yea he missed a couple dunks, but he hit a few layups! I think he’s getting more confidence and playing better. He could be huge for us down the stretch!

He finished with 8 and 7 played almost even with a 1st team all B1G Murphy who had 12 and 9

3 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

Not to be weird, but did Archie sound emotional in the post game interview. Seemed close to tears. Maybe I'm crazy

Was gonna say that I loved the intensity of Archie in the post-game.  Just sounded like he was still totally locked in, even after a 20+ point beatdown.  You can tell the team is following his lead on that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Gotta say, I love that you’re captain of the Pitino Jr. hate train.  I’m on board.

LOL...been there awhile. I'm on record that it was a bad hire when Minnesota made it.

He had one good year and the train was pretty lonely during that season, but I've never wavered in my opinion that he is a very poor coach.  That was a desperation hire to try to keep some in-state talent home and he failed miserably on that front as well.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

LOL...been there awhile. I'm on record that it was a bad hire when Minnesota made it.

He had one good year and the train was pretty lonely during that season, but I've never wavered in my opinion that he is a very poor coach.  That was a desperation hire to try to keep some in-state talent home and he failed miserably on that front as well.

I hope IU gets to magnify one of Ricky's in-state recruiting failures when Thompson starts his career next season.

I never thought I would ever find a worse color man than Mr. D.  Till tonight.  Hey, Mr. Fox 1 color man, who no one has ever heard of before, till tonight.  Congrats... you even topped our own Mr. D.  And... yes. I will give you my address.... so you can re-gift those fantastic Candy Stripe pants that were given to you..... to me !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1