Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

CauseThatsMyDJ

2019 Recruiting Hub

And at the moment, Vanderbilt is full up with 13 scholarships for next year. However, during the Crean era, we all know about the NCAA allowing for oversigns.

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

Wonder if this guy is flying severely under the radar? Lots of offers from small programs but looks like the bigger program are getting interested.

Apparently, at one point he was considering reclassifying to 2018.

32 minutes ago, BDB said:

Apparently, at one point he was considering reclassifying to 2018.

That makes much more sense to me. I know shooting is a major need but to me we need another 5 with the last spot.

Is it normal to have this many outstanding offers for a class where you only have 1 senior? With no transfers we’ll have 3 open, right? Maybe this number is insignificant unless it’s super low?

1252F2A9-4BE8-4208-8553-ED1718ABFB86.jpeg

Edited by Max

44 minutes ago, Max said:

Is it normal to have this many outstanding offers for a class where you only have 1 senior? With no transfers we’ll have 3 open, right? Maybe this number is insignificant unless it’s super low?

1252F2A9-4BE8-4208-8553-ED1718ABFB86.jpeg

This way less offers than what Crean use to extend...Archie is just doing his best to find the right people and sometimes you have to offer over to try and motivate the right ones

• Like 1

Agree with you @HoosierKix. I don’t want to be a downer but that roster last year is depressing to even look at. Imagine if Morgan didn’t break out like he did. Archie’s ‘core base’ looks soooo much more promising. 

7 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Agree with you @HoosierKix. I don’t want to be a downer but that roster last year is depressing to even look at. Imagine if Morgan didn’t break out like he did. Archie’s ‘core base’ looks soooo much more promising. 

Exactly!! We have to offer good players and I feel Archie understands there has to be an importance given to an offer but also making sure that we have serious talent on the roster

Wasn't sure where to post this...I know we've been having a fun debate about who we would want to get out of TJD, Brooks, Watford & Hurt. Was checking the 2020 mock draft. Has Trendon at 15th and Hurt at 23rd. Doesn't have TJD or Brooks on there at all.

Just IMO, if people agreed with the NBA mock draft analysis, I think it would be best for our program to land TJD and Brooks. Not only in-state kids, but also guys who will stick around for multiple years and help preserve the long-term success of the program.  

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Wasn't sure where to post this...I know we've been having a fun debate about who we would want to get out of TJD, Brooks, Watford & Hurt. Was checking the 2020 mock draft. Has Trendon at 15th and Hurt at 23rd. Doesn't have TJD or Brooks on there at all.

Just IMO, if people agreed with the NBA mock draft analysis, I think it would be best for our program to land TJD and Brooks. Not only in-state kids, but also guys who will stick around for multiple years and help preserve the long-term success of the program.  

fully aligned with this sentiment

100th post, yay!

Edited by Max
  • Like 2

IU offered Tyrell Terry, 2019 4 star PG (and rising) from Minnesota. Staff putting some pressure out there on these 2019 PG's....one of them better take IU up on the offer soon! Haha..