An Illinois Pregame Thread

When: Wednesday, 2/14, 8:30pm ET on BTN

KenPom: Likes IU to win 75-68, with a 74% chance of victory

ESPN: Gives IU a 75% chance of victory

Vegas: IU -7.5

The status of Michael Finke is still up in the air after he suffered a concussion over the weekend. He is their tallest player at 6'10" and averages 10 points and 5 rebounds. Greg Eboigboden started in his place against Penn State. In our first matchup, we gave up 19 points each to Trent Frazier and Leron Black. Containing them will be key this time around.

Four Factors

Looking strictly at only conference games:

IU
image.png.cd23275b6e7e4f2133058df9ac020ffd.png

Illinois

image.png.e21b69c00e0975b8e637804040baa84d.png

Aside from forcing turnovers, their defense has been in the bottom of the B1G. They are also worst in the B1G in turning the ball over.

It will be disappointing if we don't win this one handily. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

When: Wednesday, 2/14, 8:30pm ET on BTN

KenPom: Likes IU to win 75-68, with a 74% chance of victory

ESPN: Gives IU a 75% chance of victory

Vegas: TBD

The status of Michael Finke is still up in the air after he suffered a concussion over the weekend. He is their tallest player at 6'10" and averages 10 points and 5 rebounds. Greg Eboigboden started in his place against Penn State. In our first matchup, we gave up 19 points each to Trent Frazier and Leron Black. Containing them will be key this time around.

Four Factors

Looking strictly at only conference games:

IU
image.png.cd23275b6e7e4f2133058df9ac020ffd.png

Illinois

image.png.e21b69c00e0975b8e637804040baa84d.png

Aside from forcing turnovers, their defense has been in the bottom of the B1G. They are also worst in the B1G in turning the ball over.

It will be disappointing if we don't win this one handily. 

Yes, they were brutal defensively when we played them at their place. Unfortunately, we were more brutal from the FT line. I don’t expect Frazier to have his way in Assembly Hall. Hoosiers by 14. 

I traded my Crystal Ball yesterday for a  [supposedly] a NEWER and Better edition ? Only time will tell !! My New Crystal Ball says ::For Tonight's games Nebraska 79 Maryland 69 and Alabama 80 LSU 67 !! For Wednesday , Feb14 ,2018 ::: IU 78 Illinois 68 and Auburn 85 Kaintucky Cheaters 72 !! Finally , for Thursday February 15 , 2018 -- IT predicts Wisconsin's Badgers will SHOCK the pee yew SMELLERMAKERS 73 to 72 !!! Go BADGERS !!!

18 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I traded my Crystal Ball yesterday for a  [supposedly] a NEWER and Better edition ? Only time will tell !! My New Crystal Ball says ::For Tonight's games Nebraska 79 Maryland 69 and Alabama 80 LSU 67 !! For Wednesday , Feb14 ,2018 ::: IU 78 Illinois 68 and Auburn 85 Kaintucky Cheaters 72 !! Finally , for Thursday February 15 , 2018 -- IT predicts Wisconsin's Badgers will SHOCK the pee yew SMELLERMAKERS 73 to 72 !!! Go BADGERS !!!

In honor of HTD Ayden wore a shirt today that said Happy smellentines day. I never thought any of my kids would ever wear a Purdue shirt.:D have a great day

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

That first link is funny. I bet Archie has no 'beat certain teams for X-amount of money' clauses in his contract. That just screams inferiority complex.

Thanks for posting these.

Archived