FBI/NCAA news...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m guessing the FBI is sitting on a goldmine of information against not only Adidas, but also Nike.  I have a hunch they drop this in March, right around tournament time or possibly final four weekend in April.  I’d be shocked if it’s just Adidas schools implicated in the next go around.  People have flipped and the FBI has been busy. Just hope the right ones go down in all this.

55 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

So when do they start talking about Nike schools?  Adidas wasn't bidding against themselves...

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Arizona a Nike school? 

I know each school and person involved had different issues with the fbi but I am pretty sure UA, Adidas and Nike all have schools already named and involved.

I also would love to see duke, UK and several other schools get what they most likely deserve. Drives me nuts when they talk about duke and how great coach k is every year. He is a great coach but there is no way he has had as many high level prospects cone through that school and not be dirty in some way. Why would they pass on 100k from Louisville for 1 year to play for nothing at duke?

Anyone else at all scared that Arizona and/or Sean Miller is dirty? One would think that if Sean is dirty, that there is a pretty good chance Archie would be too.

Not saying I think that is the case, but they are brothers and he served on his staff. It would seem to follow... Obviously there is no sign anywhere that Archie is anything but squeaky clean.. Just thinking out loud.

11 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Instead of throwing stones at other programs, I’m just hoping IU is not implicated.  Three dozen programs is quite a lot and approaches half the power 5 conference schools.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that article.  Vonleh?  Bryant?  I dunno, but it got wheels turning in my head.

11 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Instead of throwing stones at other programs, I’m just hoping IU is not implicated.  Three dozen programs is quite a lot and approaches half the power 5 conference schools.

Maybe someone can come along and correct me but I thought when all of this first came out the harshest penalties would go with the coaches. 

22 minutes ago, rico said:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that article.  Vonleh?  Bryant?  I dunno, but it got wheels turning in my head.

My only concern there would be Kenny Johnson's involvement, assuming he was involved.  Crean, I believe, was squeaky clean.

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I tend to agree with you there, but what if this leaves some coaches clean but implicates boosters?  If that happens the university is still going to get hit, right?

As I understand it, the school still benefits so the school takes a hit even if the coaching staff turns up clean.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yep, which is why I’ve always thought that it’s funny people are so positive Crean was squeaky clean.  But DJ is right, Johnson was gone by the time we got Bryant.  He left in 2014.

Yeah...Vonleh is the only one that concerns me and that's ancient history compared to the other stuff that was going on right up until the investigation broke.  Doesn't meant IU won't get slapped, but I would assume that the punishment would be relative to the crime and number of instances.

Bottom line...I'm not too worried.  There are lots bigger things to worry about than the Vonleh recruitment, but they are performance related and forward-looking.

Archived