FBI/NCAA news...

10 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I think it has become clear that Tim and Romeo were masterfully just ducking every question that came their way.  I was so happy that nothing leaked and he had his moment.

Agree. I am not casting aspersions Tim's way. Rather, marveling in how he was able to keep interest going in the recruitment, without spilling the beans.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Wait, I was told we were supposed to take everything Tim Langford said at face value? :coffee:

I'm amazed that the press asked the questions they did and people actually expected honest answers.  If there was going to be any mystery, they HAD to lie on occasion.

What I'm really struck by is how honest they were after the fact about Kansas...and how blunt Tim and Romeo were about Calipari after UK and UNC were cut.  I'm still piecing things together, but was wondering if Vandy was indeed a distant third until the FBI stuff came out.  That's kind of where I am leaning.  Makes me think that in reality, it was game over after the FBI stuff came out.

12 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm amazed that the press asked the questions they did and people actually expected honest answers.  If there was going to be any mystery, they HAD to lie on occasion.

What I'm really struck by is how honest they were after the fact about Kansas...and how blunt Tim and Romeo were about Calipari after UK and UNC were cut.  I'm still piecing things together, but was wondering if Vandy was indeed a distant third until the FBI stuff came out.  That's kind of where I am leaning.  Makes me think that in reality, it was game over after the FBI stuff came out.

I know for sure it was over on Feb 22. Not sure but I also know Vandy met 2 of the criteria and were not even in the ballpark

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else see that the lead FBI agent and other agents were removed from case because of misuse of government funds pertaining to this investigation? I'll assume the government has so many other facts, people witnesses,etc....that they will still and can prove their case. Sure is funny though. 

It’s not just Pitino.  Tom Jurich, the disgraced former AD, seems like a real sleazebag too.  

As far as punishments go, I wonder if all the parents are paying taxes on the payouts.  I wouldn’t give them a pass either.  In the culture, the kids, and especially parents, often have entitlement or shortcut problems. They go rogue or vigilante in the sense that they think their kids should have the money so they take it any way they can.  That’s a part of the fabric of the culture.  

13 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’s not just Pitino.  Tom Jurich, the disgraced former AD, seems like a real sleazebag too.  

As far as punishments go, I wonder if all the parents are paying taxes on the payouts.  I wouldn’t give them a pass either.  In the culture, the kids, and especially parents, often have entitlement or shortcut problems. They go rogue or vigilante in the sense that they think their kids should have the money so they take it any way they can.  That’s a part of the fabric of the culture.  

If the IRS is paying any attention at all (and considering this is easy money with their case already proven for them, I'd say they are), you can bet these parents are paying back taxes penalties and interest for funds received.  Even Al Capone couldn't beat the tax rap.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived