Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/14/2018 at 11:28 PM, milehiiu said:

That's what I was trying to tell you guys.  Insider relaying to me.... we were not out of the woods.  Not in. But not out either. Just still in contention.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-iba-1&hsimp=yhs-1&hspart=iba&p=dumb+and+dumber+so+you're+saying+there's+a+chance#action=view&id=4&vid=49a043df10b0e22439bf14a59ca7364b

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

When I see big time recruits picking teams like UW or LSU it just kind of throws up a red flag to me.

Wasn’t Stewart from New York and the new coach at Washington originally on Syracuse’s staff? Seems he might be familiar with the kids recruitment. 

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Wasn’t Stewart from New York and the new coach at Washington originally on Syracuse’s staff? Seems he might be familiar with the kids recruitment. 

Yes. Isaiah Stewart is from Rochester NY, an hour or so down the road from Syracuse, and the Orange were his first offer. Mike Hopkins was a longtime assistant coach for Syracuse, and at one point Boeheim's next in line, until last season when he took the head coaching job at Washington. The explanation for why Stewart would pick Washington is as simple as choosing to play for the head coach that recruited him the longest, and with whom he has the best relationship.

Archived