Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m not trying to give you grief. Just hate Cal and UK with a passion. SHOULD HAVE is part of the equation. He’s a lousy coach in my book. There’s a number of coaches IMO that would have gotten way more out of those teams. 10+ years with #1 recruiting classes and rosters full of 5 star guys every year. I’m not completely convinced that he’s clean. He’ll have another opportunity next year to underachieve. Can’t wait to see it. 

I gotcha and I’m with you on the letdown part. It’s a fun discussion for me personally. This isn’t the right thread to continue it. If we’re doing case studies Cal would be a fun one for me though.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I get the winning part.  He's had the ability to assemble super team rosters and has had success (as he should).  Everything you've said could be replicated at another school with perhaps a better development and success record.  I'm just wondering when these kids see that.  To some degree, they already are with the migration of top players to Duke.  Some things I've seen out of coach K recently have caused me to lose some respect for him, but I'd still place him head and shoulders above Cal when it comes to teaching and development. 

K’s track record of preparing players for the NBA is also pretty poor.

13 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

It really is. I can’t wait to see what he does with Cam + Zion.

#1 overall RJ Barrett and #15 overall Tre Jones too.  Frankly I don’t think they’re going to be very good next season — I would bet we’d beat them if the game was in AH.  Cal is better with the one-and-done model (but I agree that his track record of developing for the pros is pretty underwhelming as well).

55 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m not trying to give you grief. Just hate Cal and UK with a passion. SHOULD HAVE is part of the equation. He’s a lousy coach in my book. There’s a number of coaches IMO that would have gotten way more out of those teams. 10+ years with #1 recruiting classes and rosters full of 5 star guys every year. I’m not completely convinced that he’s clean. He’ll have another opportunity next year to underachieve. Can’t wait to see it. 

Almost everyone knows he gave Anthony Davis 250k. Now for someone to do something about it is another story. 

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

Oh? What’s the story behind that. I’ve been waiting for evidence before I slandered Cal.

A newspaper printed the story and were threatened with a suit which never happened.  You're right. This is the wrong thread for it so I'll start another one where we can discuss talent development and cheating accusations without further littering Isaiah Stewart's topic.

56 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Oh? What’s the story behind that? I’ve been waiting for evidence before I slandered Cal.

I don't remember the exact details but I think it had been reported his dad was saying that or something along those lines but it did come out. Knowing something and proving it are to very different things and that's why nothing really happened. 

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I don't remember the exact details but I think it had been reported his dad was saying that or something along those lines but it did come out. Knowing something and proving it are to very different things and that's why nothing really happened. 

Bruce Weber tattled on Cal. 

9 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Bruce Weber tattled on Cal. 

Thanks! Cal is dirty always has been and no doudt was at some point in time at UK (Anthony Davis) to get the ball rolling. He may not be as bad nowadays because he has built UK to the point were the brand pretty well recruits for itself. Cal has made and makes ESPN and a lot of other people tons of money so there probably not looking to get him in trouble anyways just like UNC. What a joke that is. 

Alright now we can return this thread back  to Isaiah. 

16 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Almost everyone knows he gave Anthony Davis 250k. Now for someone to do something about it is another story. 

If it wasn’t for a Tubby recruit in Darius Miller (upperclassman) Cal would have fallen short that year too because we had them dead in the water. Miller hit some big shots after we punched them in the mouth a few times late in the second half.

11 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

If it wasn’t for a Tubby recruit in Darius Miller (upperclassman) Cal would have fallen short that year too because we had them dead in the water. Miller hit some big shots after we punched them in the mouth a few times late in the second half.

Honestly that IU team probably goes to the final four if we play anybody but them. The ridiculous NCAA who I have no respect for had to pair us in their bracket for the money. We gave them the best game of the tourney and their only loss of the year earlier that season.  

Maybe it was a good thing in the long run we didn't because he might not of been fired? But we are in a much better position with Archie than we were with Crean. He put some nice teams together but let's just say he left a lot to be desired when it came to coaching them. Im so glad I don't have to freak out over the horrible coaching and now just get mad at refs or players. I think Archie resembles Bill Self a ton in how he coaches, his personality, and the way he constructes rosters mixing veterans with young stars. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Any opinion that the longer we have make guys like Isaiah and Trendon  and other 5 star guys on their cut lists the more pressure it puts on TJD and Brooks to commit?

Honestly this is a good point.  It’s nice to have the backup options to the five star recruits be more five star recruits, lol

14 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Honestly this is a good point.  It’s nice to have the backup options to the five star recruits be more five star recruits, lol

Just thinking that having these Top 10 recruits still listing us as prospects as time gets closer and closer these other guys have to seriously think hey...if Watford up and signs where does that leave me....sure they have other teams...lots...but if your heart is at Indiana...and you want that playing time and that offer...best not to lurk too long...this Indiana coach is big game hunting and he might just land something bigger than you!

Archived