Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IUaic said:

Which ones? :coffee:

TJD (obvious) and Brooks (more confident)

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Or it means Stewart has no interest in IU and wants to go elsewhere.

Maybe, but it seems apparent to me that CAM feels like he put the work in that needed to be done and is confident in his prime targets. Could be wrong, just speculation. You could be somewhat right as well. Still think CAM would have put more of a full court press on Stewart if he felt the need. 

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I feel more confident about a 3-man class even if someone leaves unexpectedly. I just don't see this coach using the oversign much.

Technically we might be over-signed if we get a 3 man class correct?? I mean we all know Romeo is good enough to leave...but until he declares for the draft we only have spot for 2.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Technically we might be over-signed if we get a 3 man class correct?? I mean we all know Romeo is good enough to leave...but until he declares for the draft we only have spot for 2.

That's the only way I like the oversign...if we KNOW someone is leaving. I'm pretty confident he's gone after a pretty special season.

It just seems stupid/hypocritical to talk about an 8 player rotation and then use the oversign. I hate seeing players shoved out even though I completely understand telling Gelon to move on. 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

That's the only way I like the oversign...if we KNOW someone is leaving. I'm pretty confident he's gone after a pretty special season.

It just seems stupid/hypocritical to talk about an 8 player rotation and then use the oversign. I hate seeing players shoved out even though I completely understand telling Gelon to move on. 

I don't agree with pulling scholarships but barring massive improvement I definitely see Archie taking Clifton Moore aside after the season and having the "talk".  That is if he wants to be Tim Priller fine.  He'll have a scholarship for 2 more years but he's never seeing the floor no matter what.  Most guys will transfer given those options.  But I agree you don't force tgem out.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't agree with pulling scholarships but barring massive improvement I definitely see Archie taking Clifton Moore aside after the season and having the "talk".  That is if he wants to be Tim Priller fine.  He'll have a scholarship for 2 more years but he's never seeing the floor no matter what.  Most guys will transfer given those options.  But I agree you don't force tgem out.

If Davis can get healthy and with the new rules I could see Moore red-shirting this season and moving on in search of playing time. That being said, I still think it's too early to tell if he's a perennial bench player ala Priller or if he can grow into a larger role. 

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I feel more confident about a 3-man class even if someone leaves unexpectedly. I just don't see this coach using the oversign much.

Even if a couple guys leave unexpectedly, it isn't a terrible thing to have an open scholarship in the spring.  With coaching changes in the spring come player decommits and/or potential transfers.  Also, some players really come on in their senior seasons and become promising spring recruits.  With Crean constantly oversigning, we never had a ton of flexibility in the spring.  

• 5 weeks later...

Archived