Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Spring Creaning or are we expecting a mid season transfer or two?

I wouldn't be surprise to see a couple of transfers after the season.  Just look at how some are not getting any playing time even though we have been short handed and that could be a clue to who might transfer.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't be surprise to see a couple of transfers after the season.  Just look at how some are not getting any playing time even though we have been short handed and that could be a clue to who might transfer.

Moore makes complete sense but Forrester just got here.  Race has already burned his redshirt year so he can't transfer.  Total speculation and I hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing Moore transfers and the staff thinks Hunter is done.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Spring Creaning or are we expecting a mid season transfer or two?

I could easily see a couple transfers at the end of the season.  I would love to see Moore develop, especially with his length, but I'm not sure he's a fit for CAM.  If he hasn't been able to play in some of the games we've been in, with all of the injuries we've had, I don't see him ever playing with the way recruiting is going.

Race has already burned his redshirt year so he can't transfer.

I don't think it's redshirting if you transfer.  Below is an excerpt from the NCAA site, and they list transferring and redshirting as two separate scenarios.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

FWIW Rabby was on the radio last week and thought four, but rejected the idea of five ( as of now of course).

IMO five would be a stretch of RL stays.  If Brooks commits we are oversigned by one.  If Romeo leaves, we are flush and would need two transfers in order to take on two more commits.  If RL stays, we would need three transfers.  I just don't see three transfers happening.

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

One can wish right, 4 man class featuring Franklin/TJD/Brooks/Stewart with Romeo returning and an early commit from Morton for the 2020 season.  Is that asking too much for this Christmas? 

Not at all haha. But here’s the thing. TJD and Keion have known the whole time they were going to IU. Stewart has to see what’s happening right now. I think IU has a chance. We’ll see how it plays out

3 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

I don't think it's redshirting if you transfer.  Below is an excerpt from the NCAA site, and they list transferring and redshirting as two separate scenarios.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

I think the point of his comment is this year is the second year of five for Race. Which means if he transfers and can’t play immediately he burns a third year and would only have two remaining. Don’t see that happening.

21 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think the point of his comment is this year is the second year of five for Race. Which means if he transfers and can’t play immediately he burns a third year and would only have two remaining. Don’t see that happening.

If it’s between not playing and having to sit out a year to actually play, I could see it.  Not that I have anything against Race, but just playing devils advocate.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Moore makes complete sense but Forrester just got here.  Race has already burned his redshirt year so he can't transfer.  Total speculation and I hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing Moore transfers and the staff thinks Hunter is done.

How about Moore transfer,Devonte Green becomes a Grad transfer...If Hunter is done I would be shocked..are you saying hes done because of his injury?

4 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

How about Moore transfer,Devonte Green becomes a Grad transfer...If Hunter is done I would be shocked..are you saying hes done because of his injury?

I have no idea.  Just speculating.  I think it's weird that nothing has been made public about his condition.  Mile even said his career could be in jeopardy.

I have no idea.  Just speculating.  I think it's weird that nothing has been made public about his condition.  Mile even said his career could be in jeopardy.

Yeah I understand the whole confidentiality thing, but I think it’s odd too.  Just from the stand point of bringing awareness to whatever it is.  What if some other kid has something similar, but doesn’t know?

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

It is weird, but i hadnt heard career ending...i just figured he would end up a redshirt. One would think that something would eventually be announced. 

13 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

It is weird, but i hadnt heard career ending...i just figured he would end up a redshirt. One would think that something would eventually be announced. 

Very well could be career threatening if it wasn’t resolved.  Nothing to mess with, got lucky it was caught. 

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I was thinking it was a DVT. Seemed to match the situation. 

Presents oddly. Requires a procedure and has a recovery times of weeks or months

You are very close, maybe even spot on.  I’m no doctor and don’t remember the exact term, but I was told it COULD be career threatening but not likely.  I’ve heard he will be back before January recently.

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

You are very close, maybe even spot on.  I’m no doctor and don’t remember the exact term, but I was told it COULD be career threatening but not likely.  I’ve heard he will be back before January recently.

Well good to hear that he'll likely be back.  I was almost as excited to see him play as Romeo.  Really believed he'd a terrific 2-3 year guy and then an NBA first rounder.  Hopefully that's still possible.

12 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Thanks 0708 really appreciate the info on Jerome since it’s been a big grey area for a while now 

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not going to speculate but been saying for months will be a 4 man class . With or without RL. without could be 5. EM will be a Hoosier IMO not sure if 19 or 20 class

What the hell? I asked if it could be a 5 man class and you said no. :coffee:

Archived