Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well good to hear that he'll likely be back.  I was almost as excited to see him play as Romeo.  Really believed he'd a terrific 2-3 year guy and then an NBA first rounder.  Hopefully that's still possible.

Everything I’ve heard since his surgery has been positive.  Before surgery it was up in the air.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As pointed out by others, DVT is deep vein thrombosis. The risk of blood clots in the legs are the opportunity for them to dislodge, traveling to the lungs and obstructing blood traveling to the lungs (known as a pulmonary embolism). 

These blood clots typically affect elderly, sedentary individuals or those with blood clotting disorder. They would be very rare to spontaneously occur in an otherwise healthy young athlete who is mobile. 

Treatment can be aimed medically (use of blood thinners or clot busters) or surgical (removing the clot from the blood vessel)

I am no hematologist, thus would be speaking out of context regarding further need for blood thinners following surgical removal of the blood clot. Most patients leaving the hospital after a DVT are started on blood thinners for a 6-12 month duration  

Very happy to hear Jerome is doing better and will pray he continues to recover to full health. 

12 hours ago, IUaic said:

What the hell? I asked if it could be a 5 man class and you said no. :coffee:

I cant see a 5 man class but I am hearing how it could be.  Makes no sense I know. It will be 4. Surprised but not shocked if 5.

IMO I cant see what would need to happen actually happening but some others apparently much closer to the situation do

5 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

For clarity, this thread has more traction than I would have guessed.

Stewart is not a player who is being courted by IU at this time. For a host of reasons. 

Hi coach thanks for that. Question if you don't mind, are we in on anot her guard to join that 2019 class

1 minute ago, CoachSS said:

My understanding is that Indiana is looking to add one remaining HS player (we know who this is) and then be on the market for a guard (most likely) as a grad transfer in the spring. 

Hopefully, no one transfers and IU can keep building a consistent, consistent defense as the players continue to develop, age and grow. 

Ok thank you coach much appreciated

6 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

My understanding is that Indiana is looking to add one remaining HS player (we know who this is) and then be on the market for a guard (most likely) as a grad transfer in the spring. 

Hopefully, no one transfers and IU can keep building a consistent, consistent defense as the players continue to develop, age and grow. 

I like this scenario. Hate the talk of players transferring. That's failure on IU as well as the player. I want IU's recruits to stay and develop. Don't was them gone until they graduate or get drafted.

50 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I like this scenario. Hate the talk of players transferring. That's failure on IU as well as the player. I want IU's recruits to stay and develop. Don't was them gone until they graduate or get drafted.

Especially considering Al Durham was one of the kids that would always be brought up. Now, all of the sudden, he's one of the best players on this team.

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

I'm good with this approach. I wouldn't mind always having one extra headed into the spring. Either a surprise reclassification or the best shooter available in the grad transfer market always are options. 

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Curious...if no one transfers, and even if Romeo goes pro, we won't have room for a grad transfer.

1 minute ago, CoachSS said:

DJ

- I believe Indiana will be in the market for a guard. 

- I don't want anyone to transfer but the D1 NCAA transfer rates suggest someone will... whether that comes through an undergraduate transfer out of the program or a grad transfer out of the program, the statistics suggest it will/ could happen. 

So who do we have that is going to be eligible for a grad transfer?  Green and Davis?

13 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Friends,

Let's really try not stay on topic here. Guessing and projecting at rosters in December isn't a good use of anyone's time. 

Isaiah Stewart- I hope he goes to Michigan State. I have a belief though, they are third of his 3 finalists.  

Coach so you aren't hearing anything about this "surprise commit" that others are talking about? Thanks for all the info

14 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Friends,

Let's really try not stay on topic here. Guessing and projecting at rosters in December isn't a good use of anyone's time. 

Isaiah Stewart- I hope he goes to Michigan State. I have a belief though, they are third of his 3 finalists.  

Coach...did you mean Carey who is down to 3? I thought Stewart had a final list of 6 or so. If he's down to 3, then I missed that.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think the surprise recruit that some were talking about was Ethan Morton a 2020 player reclassifying.

...and I don't expect that unless we have a guard transfer out.  I suspect he likes Archie well enough to come in 2019 or 2020...whenever we need him.  No inside information...just a gut feeling.

Stewart sounds great, but there's no room for him and I don't think Archie wants to just load up on 5-stars where someone is unhappy about playing time.  I just hope Stewart doesn't fall for Calipari's line of crap.  He seems like a better/smarter kid than that.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and I don't expect that unless we have a guard transfer out.  I suspect he likes Archie well enough to come in 2019 or 2020...whenever we need him.  No inside information...just a gut feeling.

Stewart sounds great, but there's no room for him and I don't think Archie wants to just load up on 5-stars where someone is unhappy about playing time.  I just hope Stewart doesn't fall for Calipari's line of crap.  He seems like a better/smarter kid than that.

I am wondering if Stewart is trying to get the best deal $$$

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am wondering if Stewart is trying to get the best deal $$$

I understand the concern. But I always find it dicey to post this about a kid, even if just wondering. It really questions his character. And if it is not the case, this can be reputation damaging. 

If there is no actual.word of this happening, I dont see why even mention it. We could say I wonder if we paid Romeo.....and that just seems wrong to me.

No offense, just my opinion.  :)

Archived