Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m still hearing IU is interested in Stewart, this all just happened in the last couple weeks.  Like I said I’m not saying we lead or anything but his buddies are trying. Probably won’t get him but I wouldn’t bet against it either at this point.  

So let’s say we get brooks and Stewart then who do you see transferring?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Assuming we get Brooks, I will be ecstatic with him TJD and Franklin for our 2019 recruiting class.  If we land anyone else after Brooks whether that be Stewart, Morton reclassifying or a grad transfer, that will be a bonus IMO. 

Think about what your saying..we have 1 5 star, probably getting another 5 star,we got a 5 star in Romeo  and your talking about a 5 star in Stewart..when was that last time we were even in a position like this,we have come along way imo..lol

28 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So let’s say we get brooks and Stewart then who do you see transferring?

Personally, I'd rather not go down that road.  We all have our ideas and reasons, but I don't see anything positive that comes from speculating on transfers.

56 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Personally, I'd rather not go down that road.  We all have our ideas and reasons, but I don't see anything positive that comes from speculating on transfers.

Agreed. Transfers happen and these things have a way of working themselves out. No need for further speculation, just my opinion.

18 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not going to speculate on that.  Plenty of time for each of these players to prove their worth to the team 

But we are speculating on getting Stewart which means if we got him somebody would indeed transfer... so if we can’t even discuss that then we shouldn’t discuss anyone beyond brooks!

22 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

But we are speculating on getting Stewart which means if we got him somebody would indeed transfer... so if we can’t even discuss that then we shouldn’t discuss anyone beyond brooks!

If we oversign, I am confident the coaching staff has all contingencies worked out.  To speculate who is transferring may be inflicting a wound on an individual and the team from what is supposed to be a fan.  My opinions, but it's why I prefer not to go down that road.  If I am being brought in to a business that has X spots for Y people, I am going to put my best foot forward if I am new, or a veteran employee.  Fortunately, the business model usually only has management to worry about.

25 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

If we oversign, I am confident the coaching staff has all contingencies worked out.  To speculate who is transferring may be inflicting a wound on an individual and the team from what is supposed to be a fan.  My opinions, but it's why I prefer not to go down that road.  If I am being brought in to a business that has X spots for Y people, I am going to put my best foot forward if I am new, or a veteran employee.  Fortunately, the business model usually only has management to worry about.

I totally understand that but this is a fan forum we discuss everything on here and people aren’t afraid to dog players on an hourly basis I just don’t understand why it’s such a big deal. I feel like it’s a known thing we will probably oversign

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I totally understand that but this is a fan forum we discuss everything on here and people aren’t afraid to dog players on an hourly basis I just don’t understand why it’s such a big deal. I feel like it’s a known thing we will probably oversign.

Coach Crean oversigned.  I haven't heard of Archie doing that.

1 hour ago, IUaic said:

If we get Brooks, aren't we over by 1 until Romeo decides?

Brooks won't sign until spring. I'd say we'll have a pretty good idea about Romeo by then. 

...and I don't mind speculating positively about Romeo going to the NBA...That's night and day different than speculating about a kid's failure and transfer 

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Brooks won't sign until spring. I'd say we'll have a pretty good idea about Romeo by then. 

...and I don't mind speculating positively about Romeo going to the NBA...That's night and day different than speculating about a kid's failure and transfer 

Well said and at that point if we do have someone transfer and someone wants to come and be a Hoosier a year early so be it!!!

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Speculating about a grad transfer seems ok to me though. Since that is not highlighting any sort of failure with our program but rather another opportunity for a player to advance their academics somewhere else.

The problem with that is we typically don't have the information about whether someone is on track to graduate early.

It is hard for me to talk in a negative manner for anyone of the guys that choose to come play for Indiana. You never want to see guys leave but if it is a win win then I understand it, but just telling guys to hit the road I dont like that or like saying whom i think will or should leave to make room for a 5*

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It is hard for me to talk in a negative manner for anyone of the guys that choose to come play for Indiana. You never want to see guys leave but if it is a win win then I understand it, but just telling guys to hit the road I dont like that or like saying whom i think will or should leave to make room for a 5*

I'm really trying to hang on to this sentiment as well....but since it's been 16 years since our last F4 and 25+ since we were a dominant program...I find myself getting further and further away from the right thing to do. Get me the very best who want to be at IU. If that means someone has to leave....I guess so be it. And before the moral compass folks come at me I struggle with me thinking this way. 

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Is it safe to assume that if Carey selects Duke today Sparty goes all in for Stewart? And if the opposite happens is that maybe why we've been trying to speak with him again because Carey chooses Sparty?

I hope Izzo misses on all of them.

Archived