Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zerawkid said:

This is the way it always ends with Cal’s tenures, not so sure I understand why any of them would be surprised.

Because he wins?  UK fans that I know are sick and tired of starting from scratch every year.  The fans that I know, are tired of hearing about recruits and guys entering the NBA.  They want it to go back the "old" way.  

7 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

There are a lot I know starting to feel this way. Even concerned that Calipari will get burned by the NCAA. 

Seems to be a general consensus that when Wisconsin outplayed and out coached Cal/Kentucky in 2015 F4 game in Indy.....Cal started missing on the elite of the elite. Yes he's getting 5 stars left and right but he's not getting the Anthony Davis, John Wall, Derrick Rose,etc...type guys.

7 hours ago, rico said:

Because he wins?  UK fans that I know are sick and tired of starting from scratch every year.  The fans that I know, are tired of hearing about recruits and guys entering the NBA.  They want it to go back the "old" way.  

The drubbing that Duke gave them with players that they thought would come to KY really put them into a deep funk.  They almost immediately began questioning everything about their team, recruiting, coaching.  Losing to Duke is their ultimate nightmare.  They know that Calipari is no match for K.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

The drubbing that Duke gave them with players that they thought would come to KY really put them into a deep funk.  They almost immediately began questioning everything about their team, recruiting, coaching.  Losing to Duke is their ultimate nightmare.  They know that Calipari is no match for K.

Well they need to quit worrying about Duke and stay focused within their own conference.  It ain't the cakewalk it used to be.  The SEC is pretty dang good.

48 minutes ago, rico said:

Well they need to quit worrying about Duke and stay focused within their own conference.  It ain't the cakewalk it used to be.  The SEC is pretty dang good.

The funny thing about UK fans is that if you go over to their board that will tell you that IU sucks, IU is relevant, no one cares about IU, etc.  Yet they have like 3 threads dedicated to IU on the front page of their basketball forum.  Same over on Gold and Black.  They say IU is irrelevant and that IU isn't even a rival to them anymore.  Yet like every other thread is about IU.

Frankly I'll worry about our relevancy the day schools like UK and Purdue stop talking about us.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

The funny thing about UK fans is that if you go over to their board that will tell you that IU sucks, IU is relevant, no one cares about IU, etc.  Yet they have like 3 threads dedicated to IU on the front page of their basketball forum.  Same over on Gold and Black.  They say IU is irrelevant and that IU isn't even a rival to them anymore.  Yet like every other thread is about IU.

Frankly I'll worry about our relevancy the day schools like UK and Purdue stop talking about us.

Results on the court will shut 'em up.....

Maybe start today against U of L?????

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Hahaha...it's quite the ugly mob over at rupp rafters!!  Lots of talk that it's time for Calipari to change...Or leave...Or retire.  Plenty of Big Bluey-tunes going on.  Hey Cal....th-th-th-that's all folks!!   🐷

😁

22 hours ago, rico said:

According to KenPom, the SEC is significantly worse than the B1G, Big 12, and ACC, and about on par with the Big East.

4 hours ago, rico said:

Well, according to RicoPom the SEC is more balanced than what it has ever has been.

Agreed. Tennessee and Auburn are very good teams. At least they will give UK all they want. Florida in a couple years will be back as well.

I usually give Cal the benefit of the doubt but how he threw his guys under the bus yesterday was unacceptable. Said they should have called time out themself at the end. Says he can’t do it for them. You mean the guy that just screams all game long can’t scream to them to call a timeout!? Couldn’t believe that.

On 12/8/2018 at 7:10 AM, Seeking6 said:

Seems to be a general consensus that when Wisconsin outplayed and out coached Cal/Kentucky in 2015 F4 game in Indy.....Cal started missing on the elite of the elite. Yes he's getting 5 stars left and right but he's not getting the Anthony Davis, John Wall, Derrick Rose,etc...type guys.

Also, that team was so stacked that they played the platoons to try and get everyone time. I think the highest level recruits took that as a negative that someone like Karl-Anthony Towns only got 21.1 minutes a game there. For comparison, RJ Barrett is averaging 31mpg for Duke.

9 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Also, that team was so stacked that they played the platoons to try and get everyone time. I think the highest level recruits took that as a negative that someone like Karl-Anthony Towns only got 21.1 minutes a game there. For comparison, RJ Barrett is averaging 31mpg for Duke.

Yep. Good point. Lack of minutes and getting outplayed/out coached by Kaminsky/Ryan started the beginning of the end. Recruits have been going elsewhere since. 

Archived