Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...or someone else blows up and goes into the draft.  That would be my personal preference as I think there is a strong chance Clifton plays meaningful minutes this year.

I mentioned in a post a few days ago that I was starting to think that the reason our staff is planning to take 4 is because they don't see Clifton Moore in the plans.  There was one guy who liked my post and that was CoachSS.  Take that for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

I mentioned in a post a few days ago that I was starting to think that the reason our staff is planning to take 4 is because they don't see Clifton Moore in the plans.  There was one guy who liked my post and that was CoachSS.  Take that for what it's worth.

I hear you...I just think it's premature.  Clifton will get his chance this year.  If he's buried at the end of the bench at the end of the season getting Tim Priller minutes then yes, I suspect he'll transfer out.  Given the pictures I've seen recently, at the very least, he's worked hard on transforming his body.  I'd be a little surprised if he's behind all of the freshman class at the end of the season.  If IU ends up taking four and Moore is 14th in the depth chart, he'll leave.  However, those are two big IFs at this stage in the season.

The more I think about it the more I would be surprised to take 4 this year. Manly because it would have to be a very late signing more than likely. (unless someone leaves before or during the season). The chances of signing a kid that late is unlikely. I would imagine a grad transfer would make more sense. Perhaps someone might reclassify...so that is why I think Stewart is a long shot. It COULD happen but I just don't think we sign 4 with only having 2 openings. What if Romeo is crazy and wants to stay another year? So I would think it more likely we take 3 and then if another opening comes up we fill it with a grad transfer.....perhaps another big or perhaps a guard that can help right away.

Here is a question..if Stewart committed before TJD....could that scare Trayce into going to Iowa or Michigan St. or UCLA? I wouldn't think so but maybe that could be a factor in his decision process in taking the officials and taking his time on his decision?

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The more I think about it the more I would be surprised to take 4 this year. Manly because it would have to be a very late signing more than likely. (unless someone leaves before or during the season). The chances of signing a kid that late is unlikely. I would imagine a grad transfer would make more sense. Perhaps someone might reclassify...so that is why I think Stewart is a long shot. It COULD happen but I just don't think we sign 4 with only having 2 openings. What if Romeo is crazy and wants to stay another year? So I would think it more likely we take 3 and then if another opening comes up we fill it with a grad transfer.....perhaps another big or perhaps a guard that can help right away.

Here is a question..if Stewart committed before TJD....could that scare Trayce into going to Iowa or Michigan St. or UCLA? I wouldn't think so but maybe that could be a factor in his decision process in taking the officials and taking his time on his decision?

Romeo is not coming back barring something catastrophic.  Really no sense in entertaining that thought.  In the short time of studying Archie and his style, I sure as hell wouldn’t bet against him.  Pulling guys out of West Lafayette, Romeo....The guy can flat out close.  He’s said before that schollies are like gold, but I could envision him stuffing the bench until he gets all his guys.  He’s a huge advocate of competition in practice etc so I could see him letting it work itself out.

I’m waiting for that announcement that Stewart will be attending HH.  Think that will say it all about where we stand.  It sounds like Stewart is a little farther out from deciding (especially with Cal recently sniffing around), but I could see TJD accelerating his decision with that competition in sight.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:35 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Clifton is another player i’m very interested to see play this season. Would love to see the benefit of off-season development and growth. Rooting for him 

I saw Clifton for the first time today since last season. Still has no upper body. The only guy i've seen that looks the same.

11 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

This may be true, but it's not easy for some people to bulk up despite how hard they work.

This is a good point. I love seeing players coming back from the summer ripped and showing what an off-season in the weight room has done for them. But some just don't show and it's not necessarily a reflection you can rely on before seeing them play.  Same for strength building. Extreme example -- Kevin Durant -- at the combine he couldn't even bench 135 once. Didn't matter, of course.

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Ten feet away, I am old so may be wrong. Never saw him ALL summer like everyone else.

Interesting.  If there is a work ethic issue, I'm guessing he has this year to straighten that out.  OTOH, he may have just operated on a different schedule than some of the others.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until Archie boots him.

17 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Not great!

Honestly, this kind of makes me feel a little bit better about this recruitment.  We’ve never been the favorites with Stewart, and this shows that he’s actually still undecided.  If Archie and Keion can sell him on IU, we may still have a shot.  

Archived