Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, SeeYa@roys said:

How has the FBI not caught him paying players yet? Hooooowwwww????

Why would he need to pay players? I could see academic scandals easily but paying them? I can’t stand UK but I don’t see a reason for that. There could be perhaps an impermissible benefit here and there from a friend of the program but likely no different than what we’ve seen at other programs. I bet if there was something being done wrong it would be with World Wide West and Nike.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Why would he need to pay players? I could see academic scandals easily but paying them? I can’t stand UK but I don’t see a reason for that. There could be perhaps an impermissible benefit here and there from a friend of the program but likely no different than what we’ve seen at other programs. I bet if there was something being done wrong it would be with World Wide West and Nike.

Because if Arizona is offering you $100k, Louisville is offering you $150k and hookers, and you’re going to be a lottery pick regardless of where you go, why would you go and play for Cal for free?

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Because if Arizona is offering you $100k, Louisville is offering you $150k and hookers, and you’re going to be a lottery pick regardless of where you go, why would you go and play for Cal for free?

I think those cases are far and away rare. If that was the case why would Romeo and others come here and play for free? Do I think that the shoe companies and the AAU are trying to sway kids to go to their shoe schools sure but I think actually money changing hands is rare. Just my opinion of course but Kentucky and Cal has a record of getting kids to the league at a level no one else can boast. I’m sure there are minor violations at every university even ours but I think desperate programs take desperate measures....that smells like Louisville. An academic violation I could absolutely see...I just don’t think they need to do the bags of money thing.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I think those cases are far and away rare. If that was the case why would Romeo and others come here and play for free? Do I think that the shoe companies and the AAU are trying to sway kids to go to their shoe schools sure but I think actually money changing hands is rare. Just my opinion of course but Kentucky and Cal has a record of getting kids to the league at a level no one else can boast. I’m sure there are minor violations at every university even ours but I think desperate programs take desperate measures....that smells like Louisville. An academic violation I could absolutely see...I just don’t think they need to do the bags of money thing.

What kids did Cal develop into high draft picks? I bet you could come up with a longer list of kids that had their stock drop.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t bet that Romeo would be a Hoosier right now if the FBI investigation had never happened.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Violations at UMass and Memphis. You think he stopped cheating at UK?

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Violations at UMass and Memphis. You think he stopped cheating at UK?

I’m not going to go into it. Honestly I believe what I said. No doubt there are some benefits for these kids from friends of the program like at any school. Small things like dinners etc. Wouldn’t be surprised academically there are some things but at a school like Duke or UK or Villanova I don’t think they need to pay kids to go there just like I don’t think we have to pay a kid to come to IU. I think paying bags of money is super rare in an age where money is tracked by banks and govt and a country full of journalists and investigators loving a good scandal..no I don’t think they are doing anything wrong. Kids go there because they believe in Cal and believe in his brand. If you have some proof I would be happy to see it and believe it...since others are making the allegations it is on them to prove it is happening. Until then no. He may have been involved at those other schools...but so far there hasn’t been anything at UK. I would love to rub it in the faces of the guys down here but until I see proof I’m not going to make something up and sound bitter. I appreciate everyone’s view on it but until I have proof my answer is no they aren’t getting paid to go there.

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

I’m not going to go into it. Honestly I believe what I said. No doubt there are some benefits for these kids from friends of the program like at any school. Small things like dinners etc. Wouldn’t be surprised academically there are some things but at a school like Duke or UK or Villanova I don’t think they need to pay kids to go there just like I don’t think we have to pay a kid to come to IU. I think paying bags of money is super rare in an age where money is tracked by banks and govt and a country full of journalists and investigators loving a good scandal..no I don’t think they are doing anything wrong. Kids go there because they believe in Cal and believe in his brand. If you have some proof I would be happy to see it and believe it...since others are making the allegations it is on them to prove it is happening. Until then no. He may have been involved at those other schools...but so far there hasn’t been anything at UK. I would love to rub it in the faces of the guys down here but until I see proof I’m not going to make something up and sound bitter. I appreciate everyone’s view on it but until I have proof my answer is no they aren’t getting paid to go there.

You know how you reach into a brand new shoe after just opening the box and pull out that tissue paper stuffed down to the toe...

I live an hour from Lexington and heard a story about 5 years ago that the players new shoes would be stuffed with cash.  And they get new shoes a lot.

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/29/sports/ncaabasketball/29recruit.html

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

A maybe impermissible benefit here and there? He left not 1 but 2 programs behind with vacated FF's. Rose had someone sit for his SAT to get onto Cal's team. Go look up Bledsoe's academics before his sudden miraculous A's to get onto Cal's team. Cal is nicknamed teflon for a reason, if you think he's clean I would be happy to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge. But money? No, it isn't money, it's academic fraud and recruiting violations that he's managed to avoid getting pinned to him, he's slippery, but he's absolutely different than you see at other programs generally.

Lol, just saw that DJ posted one of the stories about Bledsoe. Of course Cal is dirty. Did you think Slick Rik was clean too? 

Archived