Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

A maybe impermissible benefit here and there? He left not 1 but 2 programs behind with vacated FF's. Rose had someone sit for his SAT to get onto Cal's team. Go look up Bledsoe's academics before his sudden miraculous A's to get onto Cal's team. Cal is nicknamed teflon for a reason, if you think he's clean I would be happy to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge. But money? No, it isn't money, it's academic fraud and recruiting violations that he's managed to avoid getting pinned to him, he's slippery, but he's absolutely different than you see at other programs generally.

Lol, just saw that DJ posted one of the stories about Bledsoe. Of course Cal is dirty. Did you think Slick Rik was clean too? 

Again I'm going to stay out of it. The qualifying players because of academic stuff I absolutely believe and said that. I didn't say Cal was clean. If there was money involved like with the Bowen kid etc then that I don't believe is going on there. That stuff comes out...money is too easy to trace especially in the day and age where financial transfers and transactions are monitored on a level not ever seen before. I work for one of the largest financial institutions in the country. The amount of scrutiny we are currently dealing with by the govt I can promise you if 100s of thousands of dollars are being moved around etc...it's going to be noticed and found out. There are ways around blatent violations like paying kids parents to coach an AAU travel team etc that should eliminate the need for duffle bags of money etc. There is absolutely some dirty kids/handlers and thus a few schools that have dipped their toes into the sewer with them....and they get caught pretty quickly....if that happened at UK I would be the first to shout it from the roof tops. What I believe is what I believe. Stuff that goes on at UNC and at UK to get a kid eligible etc I don't doubt for a second. But I'm not going to go around calling people dirty until we have the evidence....and if it was evidence then the NCAA would love to come down on UK...I don't think anyone is ignoring things because Kentucky is a beloved University by the NCAA...they would love to catch them in a big scandal...that's how people make a name for themselves.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Again I'm going to stay out of it. The qualifying players because of academic stuff I absolutely believe and said that. I didn't say Cal was clean. If there was money involved like with the Bowen kid etc then that I don't believe is going on there. That stuff comes out...money is too easy to trace especially in the day and age where financial transfers and transactions are monitored on a level not ever seen before. I work for one of the largest financial institutions in the country. The amount of scrutiny we are currently dealing with by the govt I can promise you if 100s of thousands of dollars are being moved around etc...it's going to be noticed and found out. There are ways around blatent violations like paying kids parents to coach an AAU travel team etc that should eliminate the need for duffle bags of money etc. There is absolutely some dirty kids/handlers and thus a few schools that have dipped their toes into the sewer with them....and they get caught pretty quickly....if that happened at UK I would be the first to shout it from the roof tops. What I believe is what I believe. Stuff that goes on at UNC and at UK to get a kid eligible etc I don't doubt for a second. But I'm not going to go around calling people dirty until we have the evidence....and if it was evidence then the NCAA would love to come down on UK...I don't think anyone is ignoring things because Kentucky is a beloved University by the NCAA...they would love to catch them in a big scandal...that's how people make a name for themselves.

I don't think Cal is stupid enough to be paying players, but again he left 2 schools with vacated FF's, he's had several players with academic eligibility issues that suddenly qualified etc. There's really no question he's dirty is just a question of catching him -- think Sampson, how he ran from Okla to IU under an NCAA investigation, much like Cal ran from UMASS and Memphis prior to the NCAA vacating their respective FF's, but the NCAA didn't "catch" Sampson doing anything (his recruiting violations are kind of laughable anyway by comparison) until IU SELF-REPORTED. That's the difference. UK is either the or one of the most heavily sanctioned DI schools, it will never self-report anything that could actually get them in trouble. The NCAA is a joke, Cal not getting caught means nothing.

Now back to Stewart...

15 hours ago, dgambill said:

I’m not going to go into it. Honestly I believe what I said. No doubt there are some benefits for these kids from friends of the program like at any school. Small things like dinners etc. Wouldn’t be surprised academically there are some things but at a school like Duke or UK or Villanova I don’t think they need to pay kids to go there just like I don’t think we have to pay a kid to come to IU. I think paying bags of money is super rare in an age where money is tracked by banks and govt and a country full of journalists and investigators loving a good scandal..no I don’t think they are doing anything wrong. Kids go there because they believe in Cal and believe in his brand. If you have some proof I would be happy to see it and believe it...since others are making the allegations it is on them to prove it is happening. Until then no. He may have been involved at those other schools...but so far there hasn’t been anything at UK. I would love to rub it in the faces of the guys down here but until I see proof I’m not going to make something up and sound bitter. I appreciate everyone’s view on it but until I have proof my answer is no they aren’t getting paid to go there.

Ignorance is bliss....

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me Stewart is by far the best player we are recruiting.  I would take TJD and Stewart and Franklin and call it a day.

What's the consensus on Stewart, is he a for sure one-and-done? If so, and we're saying it's one of either Brooks or Stewart, I think I'd rather have Brooks. I think Brooks stays 2-3 years, and a soph/junior Brooks is better than a freshmen Stewart.

12 minutes ago, BENDOVER said:

What's the consensus on Stewart, is he a for sure one-and-done? If so, and we're saying it's one of either Brooks or Stewart, I think I'd rather have Brooks. I think Brooks stays 2-3 years, and a soph/junior Brooks is better than a freshmen Stewart.

We'd take both.  Clifton Moore will play this season or transfer.  I'd bet on the latter.

33 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We'd take both.  Clifton Moore will play this season or transfer.  I'd bet on the latter.

...or someone else blows up and goes into the draft.  That would be my personal preference as I think there is a strong chance Clifton plays meaningful minutes this year.

Archived