Isaiah Stewart Commits to Washington

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Honestly, this kind of makes me feel a little bit better about this recruitment.  We’ve never been the favorites with Stewart, and this shows that he’s actually still undecided.  If Archie and Keion can sell him on IU, we may still have a shot.  

Keion a lock for IU?

2 hours ago, BDB said:

Keion a lock for IU?

What FKIM01 said.  I can only speculate, but I feel pretty confident we’ll get Brooks, considering the TJD and Schilling connections.  Either way, I see Keion as one of the biggest factors in Stewart’s recruitment, as they’re both at La Lumiere this year.  If we land Keion, he may be able to sell Stewart on IU, although I still wouldn’t bet on it.

When I see news about Stewart like this...it tells me that our dialed in posters were very accurate when they said TJD and Brooks last month. Actions always louder than words in recruiting. Stewart scheduling this one tells me he knows TJD/Brooks have relayed their plans....or more than likely plans. If we get TJD, Brooks, AF and add either a grad transfer, spring commit or someone wanting to reclassify in the spring...ecstatic is how I would feel for 2nd recruiting class.

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

When I see news about Stewart like this...it tells me that our dialed in posters were very accurate when they said TJD and Brooks last month. Actions always louder than words in recruiting. Stewart scheduling this one tells me he knows TJD/Brooks have relayed their plans....or more than likely plans. If we get TJD, Brooks, AF and add either a grad transfer, spring commit or someone wanting to reclassify in the spring...ecstatic is how I would feel for 2nd recruiting class.

Yeah the only thing I can assume is that the staff is 100% confident they have both TJD and Brooks in the bag.  The scary thing is that miss on even one and what we were told was going to likely be best recruiting class IU has had in decades is now a bust.  I'm hoping TJD commits soon and never takes that MSU visit.  They are the only ones who worry me.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah the only thing I can assume is that the staff is 100% confident they have both TJD and Brooks in the bag.  The scary thing is that miss on even one and what we were told was going to likely be best recruiting class IU has had in decades is now a bust.  I'm hoping TJD commits soon and never takes that MSU visit.  They are the only ones who worry me.

We will have 2 Five star guys for sure. A class with AF and TJD is far from a bust

57 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

The comment about being impressed with Uk’s one and done factory kind of turns me off. Not that I wouldn’t want the kid, but wondering if he’s a fit with that mentality. 

Not disagreeing with you but i like playing devils advocate.. doesnt CAM make a whole lot of money ti make him fit? 

57 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

The comment about being impressed with Uk’s one and done factory kind of turns me off. Not that I wouldn’t want the kid, but wondering if he’s a fit with that mentality. 

There's probably not a 5-star player (at least Top 10 player) that isn't looking to be 1-and-done.

I don't know a ton about his game, but I would be surprised to see a 6'8" PF, whose bread and butter (from what I have read) is low post offense and rebounding (because he's a man amongst boys) get a first round look. I am sure Isaiah possesses a lot of skill, outside of just being a grown man, but Juwan's game is much more advanced in all aspects and he wasn't getting those attractive draft looks.

Unless Stewart is a guy who just wants to put on a professional uniform ASAP, regardless of contract, then I think he's a 2-year guy. 

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

We will have 2 Five star guys for sure. A class with AF and TJD is far from a bust

Brooks, TJD, and Franklin is a nice class but we were told about a week or so ago that we were in great shape with 6-7 of our top targets.  It's looking like we were only in great shape with 2 of them.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Brooks, TJD, and Franklin is a nice class but we were told about a week or so ago that we were in great shape with 6-7 of our top targets.  It's looking like we were only in great shape with 2 of them.

I don't recall quite that many.  Aside from the 3 I believe we end up with, I remember hearing Stewart and maybe Ramsey?  Personally, I never got that strong of a feeling for Ramsey.  He's just a hard read.  Now I would grant you that from time to time, other names have surfaced as strong leans like Watford, but generally, those ships had sailed before others replaced them, so I never felt like we had 6-7 top targets all saying IU at the same time.

At any rate. we may only have room for three anyway.  Something negative has to happen to make room for a fourth unless an underclassman besides Romeo absolutely blows up this year.  I would not be broken-hearted if we only had 12 scholarship players on next year's team anyway.  We're not going to play that many...we know that.

At some point I'm going to have to pull together a story on recruits that went to UK and it didn't work out.  This whole idea that they send guys to the NBA is just lazy.  They were going to the NBA irrespective of where they went to school.  I'd argue that there is a higher risk of getting lost on the bench because so many kids buy in to the BS and go there.  Charles Matthews is just one example.

Just now, The Daily Hoosier said:

At some point I'm going to have to pull together a story on recruits that went to UK and it didn't work out.  This whole idea that they send guys to the NBA is just lazy.  They were going to the NBA irrespective of where they went to school.  I'd argue that there is a higher risk of getting lost on the bench because so many kids buy in to the BS and go there.  Charles Matthews is just one example.

I was going to post something on here along those lines, but an article from you would be much better. Just playing around on basketball-reference due to NBA 2k19 and here's what I had in mind:

Bam Adebayo - HS Rank 8th - NBA Draft 14th

De'Aaron Fox - 6th - 5th

Malik Monk - 9th - 11th

Skal Labissiere - 2nd - 28th

Jamal Murray - 10th - 7th

Tyler Ullis - 18th = 34th

Devin Booker 23rd - 13th

Willie Cauley-Stein 38th - 6th

Andrew Harrison - 5th - 44th

Aaron Harrison - 6th - Undrafted

Alex Poythress - 8th - Undrafted

Dakari Johnson - 9th - 48th

Trey Lyles - 12th - 12th

Karl-Anthony Towns - 5th - 1st

Julius Randle - 2nd - 7th

James Young - 9th -17th

Archie Goodwin 10th - 29th

Nerlens Noel - 1st - 6th

Anthony Davis - 1st - 1st

Terrence Jones 11th - 18th

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 3rd - 2nd

Doron Lamb - 26th - 42nd

Darius Miller 35th - 46th

Marquis Teague 7th - 29th

Brandon Knight - 4th - 8th

DeAndre Liggins - 34th - 53rd

Eric Bledsoe - 52nd - 18th

DeMarcus Cousins - 3rd - 5th

Daniel Orton 19th - 29th

Patrick Patterson - 10th - 14th

John Wall 2nd- 1st

Three big things that stand out to me:

(1) - Several players dropped considerably. In his defense, he only gets highly rated players so not much of a chance to improve their stock most of the time. The thing that stands out the most to me is how many players are either out of the league or in a non-contributing role after being such high rated HS recruits.

(2) - Only 4 players have become All-Stars: Wall, Cousins, KAT, and AD. All were rated top 5 recruits. Has many more top 10 recruits who have not become All-Stars.

(3) - No NBA champions amongst any of them. Rondo is the only current fUK NBA player with a ring and he predates Cal.

50 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

i expect us to get the 3 we have speculated on for some time. I still feel Stewart is a 50/50. that 3 man class is really impressive a 4th would put it over the top.

Archived