What is the most useful thing you own for less than $100

15 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Are you able to watch sports? NFL, college, etc? 

It depends.  I pay for NFL Sunday Ticket.  For some things, I have a cable login that someone lets me use (so I'm cheating slightly).  I use a strong HD antenna and that gets most of the sports I need, to be honest.

Sling TV is a decent deal too.

22 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a better answer than my Roku:

50 bucks and it allowed me to get rid of cable and seamlessly watch just about anything I want.

You stole my thunder.... I have three Roku's. My plan allows for up to four, before going to the next pay level.  Still have cable.  There are days, when there is just too much to watch.  But being retired, I am never at a loss for anything to watch, regardless of time of day.  A rarity when our cable goes out.  I would say it goes out once every three or four years.  However, it went out the day of our game last week.  I didn't panic, because I had my Roku.  But the cable came back long before the game started.

The template for a pre-nuptial agreement template that my slightly shady attorney at the time drafted for me 25 years ago.  On a side note, he was indicted and stripped of his license a couple of years afterward, but the agreement is still legally binding if signed by all parties.

Going a different route from the Roku (I have a couple Firesticks that Youtube helped me make better), but here are some random things from my list.

Spoonk acupressure mat.  Hurts like hell at first, but feels so amazing.  Feels like a massage...I'm assuming lol.

Golf ball retriever.  Pays for itself in lost golf balls.

Wiper blades.  Sounds like a weird thing to include, but I've had them on for over 4 years and one of them just started streaking a little bit.  Refills are pretty cheap too.

19 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

It depends.  I pay for NFL Sunday Ticket.  For some things, I have a cable login that someone lets me use (so I'm cheating slightly).  I use a strong HD antenna and that gets most of the sports I need, to be honest.

Sling TV is a decent deal too.

Thanks for the info! Would love to ditch cable. We’ve got an Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu... I need to do a spreadsheet and figure it all out, haha.

12 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Thanks for the info! Would love to ditch cable. We’ve got an Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu... I need to do a spreadsheet and figure it all out, haha.

You can definitely ditch cable.  I personally like PS Vue better than Sling, but both are good options.  I have an HD antenna for local channels that I plug into something called a Tablo, which then streams it through my house to all my devices.  

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

You can definitely ditch cable.  I personally like PS Vue better than Sling, but both are good options.  I have an HD antenna for local channels that I plug into something called a Tablo, which then streams it through my house to all my devices.  

Many thx for that info as well! I’m seriously making a spreadsheet, lol.

Archived