Iowa Post Game. ROJOOO

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team showed great toughness in overcoming the cold start on the road; and in fighting back to win once Iowa made it a battle again.  Good to see Rob get off, finally.  Hope it propels him to a strong senior year finish.  B1G road win is huge.  And the momentum builds... 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I already watched it once and didn't see any. 

How about when the Iowa player rightfully got called for pushing off, the crowd erupts and gets Iowa a make up call?

Devonte seemed to have a clean block that was negated by a foul. Maybe he got the guys hand, so that could be 50/50.

Morgan had a foul or 2 called on him that I didn't see in addition to the travel. There were a number of others that seemed iffy. Granted some might be from an IU bias, but I think they did get some home court calls. To IUs credit, they played through and overcame it.

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Travel was a bad call. Yes... I really don't remember any others. Under the basket?

Blatant push off on Smith, no call then they called him for a reach.  

Juwan's first where the guy slipped.

Juwan's third. 

Freddie's first where he beat the guy to the spot and then Iowa wasn't strong enough to displace him and fell when they tried. 

Devonte's block of Bohanon.  

All of those where pretty atrocious. 

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

How about when the Iowa player rightfully got called for pushing off, the crowd erupts and gets Iowa a make up call?

Devonte seemed to have a clean block that was negated by a foul. Maybe he got the guys hand, so that could be 50/50.

Morgan had a foul or 2 called on him that I didn't see in addition to the travel. There were a number of others that seemed iffy. Granted some might be from an IU bias, but I think they did get some home court calls. To IUs credit, they played through and overcame it.

So the 3 seconds in the lane?.. I watched that play again.. it was the correct call. So multiple 50 50 calls are what you're complaining about along with a correctly called 3 secs? Ok 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Juwan's third. 

Freddie's first where he beat the guy to the spot and then Iowa wasn't strong enough to displace him and fell when they tried. 

These are the ones I was thinking of as well.

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Juwan's third. 

Devontes looked like a foul to me. And you couldn't tell anymore than I could on the TV. Juwan first was absolutely a foul... his 3rd I didn't think was a good call. Not a push off on Smith at all. That would have been the world's weakest offensive foul. 

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I didn't get a chance to watch today's game, but that's what people do around here. The last half of the season has consisted of complaining in the game and post game threads pretty much every single game.

Yeah that's just not how I see the game. Block charge calls are the only ones that really ever upset me.

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Devontes looked like a foul to me. And you couldn't tell anymore than I could on the TV. Juwan first was absolutely a foul... his 3rd I didn't think was a good call. Not a push off on Smith at all. That would have been the world's weakest offensive foul. 

Devonte didn't come close with his body and the ball went straight sideways. Sure, couldn't see for sure he didn't get hand but the way the ball reacted looked clean. 

You can't sit here and say we are wrong to complain about a forearm to the chest not getting called because it would be weak and knock us for saying the 50/50 calls went their way. It's an inconsistent position to take. 

Refs should be consistent, that's the whole problem. What you're saying would be a weak call on one end you don't have an issue with on the other. Well, which is it? 

And no, Juwans first foul wasn't a foul. It was two guys battling for position and one guy slipping. If that doesn't meet your weak foul definition how can Smith get shoved backwards meet it? 

3 hours ago, HoagieRoll said:

That six minute stretch with Morgan out where Smith, Rojo, and Hartman took over was so key. Gave us enough of a cushion that even Newkirk couldn't give away

Was thinking the same thing. I hate to see a kid struggle so bad, but Newkirk gave away a 13 point lead over the course of two minutes. Archie knows this though. Green has taken over most of the duties.

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Devonte didn't come close with his body and the ball went straight sideways. Sure, couldn't see for sure he didn't get hand but the way the ball reacted looked clean. 

You can't sit here and say we are wrong to complain about a forearm to the chest not getting called because it would be weak and knock us for saying the 50/50 calls went their way. It's an inconsistent position to take. 

Refs should be consistent, that's the whole problem. What you're saying would be a weak call on one end you don't have an issue with on the other. Well, which is it? 

And no, Juwans first foul wasn't a foul. It was two guys battling for position and one guy slipping. If that doesn't meet your weak foul definition how can Smith get shoved backwards meet it? 

Forearm to the chest isn't a foul. Juwan was a foul.. weak foul, but a foul. The refs were solid today and called what needed to be. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Forearm to the chest isn't a foul. Juwan was a foul.. weak foul, but a foul. The refs were solid today and called what needed to be. 

Forearm to the chest that pushes a guy off his spot isn't a foul? When did it become legal for the offensive guy to push off? 

Archived