Jump to content

The Sectional Pairings


milehiiu
 Share

Recommended Posts

I agree that class basketball sucks 

I also think that this board has a bias towards southern Indiana.

Look at the East Noble bracket. E. Noble , Carroll and North Side all would hold their own regardless the competition.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Class basketball has ruined Indiana basketball. There was nothing going it back in the day. We went to the Muncie Sectional and the New Castle Regionals. I wish they would change it back to the way it was. 

No.  It has not.  Some of the most dedicated fans come from schools in small communities.  Those communities now have hope.  Even with class ball there were huge discrepancies in the quality of sectionals.  For me the Regional is always the most special.  New Albany is guaranteed two uality opponents in the regional.  Without class ball two of their three regional foes would be easy opponents.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

No.  It has not.  Some of the most dedicated fans come from schools in small communities.  Those communities now have hope.  Even with class ball there were huge discrepancies in the quality of sectionals.  For me the Regional is always the most special.  New Albany is guaranteed two uality opponents in the regional.  Without class ball two of their three regional foes would be easy opponents.

I was from a small community and we had hope every year I played. Imagine a small hick school beating # 4 ranked Muncie Central in the Sectional Final and then beating #1 ranked New Castle in the regional at their field house in front of 10, 000 fans. You don't see those kind of games today.

Edited by jefftheref
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I was from a small community and we had hope every year I played. Imagine a small hick school beating # 4 ranked Muncie Central in the Sectional Final and then beating #1 ranked New Castle in the regional at their field house in front of 10, 000 fans. You don't see those kind of games today.

Did that actually happen or is this a classic case of remembering the past as better than it really was? New Castle isn't getting 10,000 fans for any game today regardless of tournament structure. People just don't care enough anymore to watch teams that aren't their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I agree that class basketball sucks 

I also think that this board has a bias towards southern Indiana.

Look at the East Noble bracket. E. Noble , Carroll and North Side all would hold their own regardless the competition.

 

NA beat Northside by 38. Floyd beat NA and Jeff gave Floyd all they wanted without one of their starters. Plus BNL took Floyd to OT. 

That sectional you mentioned could compare to any other sectional in the state other than Seymour and the one Warren plays in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...