The Sectional Pairings

milehiiu

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Single class vs multiple class has nothing to do with regular season schedule. So that isn't a factor

Well we use to play New castle every year in the regular season and since class basketball we have not played so to me their is a correlation between the two.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rico said:

I talked to my Dad........back in his day there were 12 high schools in his sectional.  

My mom and dad are in their 70's and every little town had a high school before consolidation.  They had to start the sectional and play during the day in the middle of the week and the kids got to get out of school to go to the games.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My mom and dad are in their 70's and every little town had a high school before consolidation.  They had to start the sectional and play during the day in the middle of the week and the kids got to get out of school to go to the games.

Yep.

20 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Kokomo hosted an old school sectional 2 or 3 years ago in the middle of the season.  Have no clue how that went.  

Kokomo also won like 70 sectionals before class ball.  Not as successful now.  Meanwhile the Indy scools had to go through each other even before class.  Much more equitable now.  Sure once evry10 years a random small school might win one.  Nut in many parts of the state the big town schools dominated.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Kokomo also won like 70 sectionals before class ball.  Not as successful now.  Meanwhile the Indy scools had to go through each other even before class.  Much more equitable now.  Sure once evry10 years a random small school might win one.  Nut in many parts of the state the big town schools dominated.

I actually was looking that stuff today concerning sectional titles.  Pretty interesting stuff as far as the big schools go.  You can pull it up at IHSAA.org

http://www.ihsaa.org/

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

For class basketball being the reason IN HS Bball has supposedly suffered, you certainly wouldn't be able to tell at the Seymour Sectional. They have already sold 8100 full session tickets. 

That's just awesome. One of these years I need to venture out and see some of these special gyms. 

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's just awesome. One of these years I need to venture out and see some of these special gyms. 

Seymours gym is in my humble opinion the best high school gym to coach in. My 2 oldest kids were in elem school at the time i was able to coach in that gym and i am thankful for those memories.  It was awesome to experience it with them 

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I would highly recommend watching a regional at Washington. The Hatchet House is a fantastic place to watch a game. Seymour is really cool and gets incredibly loud, but it gets so packed and you cannot move. Still pretty cool watching games with over 8,000 people. Southport is an excellent gym, Jaspers is probably the nicest gym I've been in along with Franklin Community. I will watch a game at New Castle before I die. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I would highly recommend watching a regional at Washington. The Hatchet House is a fantastic place to watch a game. Seymour is really cool and gets incredibly loud, but it gets so packed and you cannot move. Still pretty cool watching games with over 8,000 people. Southport is an excellent gym, Jaspers is probably the nicest gym I've been in along with Franklin Community. I will watch a game at New Castle before I die. 

New Castle is a great gym especially when it is packed but I have not seen it that way for a long time.  What is a little unique about New Castle is when you come in you at ground floor you are at the top. The bleachers and the court are underground.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

New Castle is a great gym especially when it is packed but I have not seen it that way for a long time.  What is a little unique about New Castle is when you come in you at ground floor you are at the top. The bleachers and the court are underground.

When we played there it was packed. It was unreal coming out to warm up and there were 10,000 fans in the gym. Also they had one of those tartan floors when we played there. If I am not mistaken Michigan State also had one in Jenison Fieldhouse. 

14 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

When we played there it was packed. It was unreal coming out to warm up and there were 10,000 fans in the gym. Also they had one of those tartan floors when we played there. If I am not mistaken Michigan State also had one in Jenison Fieldhouse. 

Yes they did have that type of floor but they changed that years ago.  My school played there every year including sectionals and when I was younger it was always packed.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I figured so about the ground. I am pretty sure Connersville sold it out last year in the sectional or regional.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I loved playing at the Spartan Bowl (first dunk in a game) and at Richmond. Richmond was the host of our Regional

My high school coach (Don Rogers) coached at Richmond after a stint at Washington (Hatchets). He went to Washington in 1973 and I am pretty sure he was Steve Bouchie's high school coach. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I really need to do that next year. I always stay local and watch some games here in Indy and Carmel. I think next winter I want to check off Seymour, Washington, New Castle, couple others.

Archived