Nebraska Pregame Thread

When: Tuesday, February 20th at 9pm ET on BTN

KenPom: Nebraska 71-67, 33% chance of an IU win

ESPN: 31% chance of IU victory

Vegas: Nebraska -4.5

Nebraska has three guys averaging double figures, led by James Palmer Jr with 18 ppg. Evan Taylor is shooting 50% from 3, but he only takes 1 per game. Isaiah Roby shoots 41% from distance, and Anton Gill 40%. They have two guys averaging 6 boards a game, Isaac Copeland and Roby. Copeland goes 6'9" while Roby is 6'8", and they have a 6'11" center, Jordy Tshimanga who averages 14 minutes per game. 

They are coming off a short turnaround, having lost to Illinois by 6 on Sunday. They will only have one day of rest. 

Four Factors

IU

image.png.4b7b0a83817dc1cbb76152fa3ac8b211.png

Nebraska

image.png.dbd593f77ff97f7b3fa657954d7528d5.png

Our defense dropped from the top spot in the B1G after the Iowa game. But we are pretty close to Nebraska in both Offensive and Defensive Efficiency. Nebraska is a poor rebounding team, especially offensively. They are the worst in the B1G in giving up offensive rebounds. They are second in the B1G in getting to the foul line, so be prepared to be frustrated by the officiating tomorrow night. 

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

When: Tuesday, February 20th at 9pm ET on BTN

KenPom: Nebraska 71-67, 33% chance of an IU win

ESPN: 31% chance of IU victory

Vegas: Nebraska -4.5

Nebraska has three guys averaging double figures, led by James Palmer Jr with 18 ppg. Evan Taylor is shooting 50% from 3, but he only takes 1 per game. Isaiah Roby shoots 41% from distance, and Anton Gill 40%. They have two guys averaging 6 boards a game, Isaac Copeland and Roby. Copeland goes 6'9" while Roby is 6'8", and they have a 6'11" center, Jordy Tshimanga who averages 14 minutes per game. 

They are coming off a short turnaround, having lost to Illinois by 6 on Sunday. They will only have one day of rest. 

Four Factors

IU

image.png.4b7b0a83817dc1cbb76152fa3ac8b211.png

Nebraska

image.png.dbd593f77ff97f7b3fa657954d7528d5.png

Our defense dropped from the top spot in the B1G after the Iowa game. But we are pretty close to Nebraska in both Offensive and Defensive Efficiency. Nebraska is a poor rebounding team, especially offensively. They are the worst in the B1G in giving up offensive rebounds. They are second in the B1G in getting to the foul line, so be prepared to be frustrated by the officiating tomorrow night. 

Now THAT is how you start a pregame thread. Nice DJ!

I think IU has a better chance of beating OSU at home than winning at Nebraska. I'm already impressed...I'll be nearly speechless if Archie pulls this rabbit out of his hat.  Always a chance that Nebraska plays flat and IU takes advantage, but I think this one is a 10-point loss.

16 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think IU has a better chance of beating OSU at home than winning at Nebraska. I'm already impressed...I'll be nearly speechless if Archie pulls this rabbit out of his hat.  Always a chance that Nebraska plays flat and IU takes advantage, but I think this one is a 10-point loss.

Agree 100%.  Gonna be tough to pull one out at Nebraska.  But it is great to have a team that gives us a chance every night, regardless of who we play.  Really enjoying the 2nd half of this season!

16 minutes ago, Milehi Fan said:

Agree 100%.  Gonna be tough to pull one out at Nebraska.  But it is great to have a team that gives us a chance every night, regardless of who we play.  Really enjoying the 2nd half of this season!

Hey, been waiting to hear from you, since you joined last Wednesday.  Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !   Love your user name, by the way. 

One thing we have going in our favor is that Morgan has rarely been “off” two games in a row. 

I will be interested in nebraska’s game plan against us. I’ve not seen them play much but based on minutes played it doesn’t seem like they are that deep. Might expect some zone against us because we don’t shoot very well usually, but I really like our zone concepts and how we attack.

sidenote: would love for us to consider Michael Lewis if we every have an opening on the staff. He has worked with some really great coaches (although I find Miles annoying) over the years.

27 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hey, been waiting to hear from you, since you joined last Wednesday.  Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !   Love your user name, by the way. 

Been around for many years lurking, back well before the Zeller recruitment on the previous sites.  Picked the name as an homage to you and the great work you have done over the years!  Always enjoy the even keel insights and friendliness you offer 👍

25 minutes ago, Milehi Fan said:

Been around for many years lurking, back well before the Zeller recruitment on the previous sites.  Picked the name as an homage to you and the great work you have done over the years!  Always enjoy the even keel insights and friendliness you offer 👍

I am flattered. Thanks for the homage and very kind words.  Expect to hear more from you, from here on out. 

Archived