119 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your School

• IU
    • Vandy
    • KU

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vandy has a good freshman class. That's it. Devonte Green as a junior, Al Durham as a Soph and Rob Phinisee as a freshman should be able to offset Garland as a freshman. Drew < CAM. Facilities at IU > Vandy, TV exposure favors IU. Track record of success at the next level...IU by a mile.  Life after basketball...IU wins there as well.

I can't see how IU isn't the logical choice, but it wouldn't be the first time for an illogical choice.  Voted IU.

(he'll probably choose Kansas.)

32 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Vandy.  I just do not want to get my hopes up.

I suspect that is behind many of the Vandy votes. I don't think anyone here actually thinks Vanderbilt is a better choice when compared to IU.  Two talented freshmen are not enough to move the needle toward a moribund basketball program like Vanderbilt.

58 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I suspect that is behind many of the Vandy votes. I don't think anyone here actually thinks Vanderbilt is a better choice when compared to IU.  Two talented freshmen are not enough to move the needle toward a moribund basketball program like Vanderbilt.

Oh.... please do not think my vote meant Vandy was the better choice...contraire mon frère......no.....it just seems like this recruitment is another in the long list of 5* talent to say thanks...but no thanks to our beloved Hoosiers.  Like some around here have expressed.....I want the Indiana kid to say....I AM A HOOSIER...and I ride with MY HOOSIERS....

41 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Oh.... please do not think my vote meant Vandy was the better choice...contraire mon frère......no.....it just seems like this recruitment is another in the long list of 5* talent to say thanks...but no thanks to our beloved Hoosiers.  Like some around here have expressed.....I want the Indiana kid to say....I AM A HOOSIER...and I ride with MY HOOSIERS....

So I take it you wasn't the ONE PERSON to vote for KU???

I picked IU. Just thought it was the most logical choice, at least from my point of view. Regardless, I hope he makes the best decision for him and his family. Not that I won't be disappointed if he doesn't go to IU, just that my disappointment will last roughly 5 minutes, then I'll remember that I have an awesome life and just happen to be father to the coolest 4 year old on the planet and he doesn't give a damn who Romeo Langford is at the moment.

(Side note--My son can dribble with either hand, lightning quick, has a freakish wingspan and has already told me he's going to IU. We have our point guard for the class of 2032.)

3 hours ago, Burton Guster said:

I picked IU. Just thought it was the most logical choice, at least from my point of view. Regardless, I hope he makes the best decision for him and his family. Not that I won't be disappointed if he doesn't go to IU, just that my disappointment will last roughly 5 minutes, then I'll remember that I have an awesome life and just happen to be father to the coolest 4 year old on the planet and he doesn't give a damn who Romeo Langford is at the moment.

(Side note--My son can dribble with either hand, lightning quick, has a freakish wingspan and has already told me he's going to IU. We have our point guard for the class of 2032.)

Nice. Is Burton part of your name? Just curious as that is my last name. 

2 hours ago, Burton Guster said:

Nope. I just stole it from the tv show Psych.

One of the many things I have come to love about this "family" we have created over the years.... is the many things I have learned from our members.... both BB related and non-BB related.  You just shared something, that ..... I... personally was not aware of.   Thank you !

Burton "Gus" Guster |

I loved the movie! I heard they were going to make more, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

And Mile, I've read your wonderful contributions to these boards for years, and your wealth of knowledge and willingness to share it has been appreciated by us all. However, introducing you to Psych may be one of my proudest moments.

Sorry everyone, feel free to return to your Romeo speculation.

1 hour ago, Burton Guster said:

I loved the movie! I heard they were going to make more, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

And Mile, I've read your wonderful contributions to these boards for years, and your wealth of knowledge and willingness to share it has been appreciated by us all. However, introducing you to Psych may be one of my proudest moments.

Sorry everyone, feel free to return to your Romeo speculation.

I do appreciate your kind words.  So glad I could make you proud.  I am always willing to learn. 

8 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I voted KU.  I am not sure why he would choose Vandy over KU or IU.  And i think KU gives him the better chance at a National Title and a bigger stage.

I hope he picks IU

Yea logically makes a ton more sense and would be easier for me to live with the fact if Romeo doesn't to IU he at least went somewhere legit basketball-wise. Now Vandy on the other hand...O.o

4 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Yea logically makes a ton more sense and would be easier for me to live with the fact if Romeo doesn't to IU he at least went somewhere legit basketball-wise. Now Vandy on the other hand...O.o

Lol the funny thing is I also think I would be almost relieved if he went to Kansas... If he ends up at Vandy I’ll be pissed.

Archived