Anthony Thompson

btownqb

Show up to lift at Anytime Fitness in Seymour today, change clothes... walk out of the dressing room, start squatting and I notice a brick s*** house doing dumbbell curls.... recognized it was AT. 

Went and introduced myself... nice as ever. I have his autograph from when ARE played here. Just thought it was cool. Decked out in IU gear head to toe. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Show up to lift at Anytime Fitness in Seymour today, change clothes... walk out of the dressing room, start squatting and I notice a brick s*** house doing dumbbell curls.... recognized it was AT. 

Went and introduced myself... nice as ever. I have his autograph from when ARE played here. Just thought it was cool. Decked out in IU gear head to toe. 

Have had the pleasure of meeting him a few times at fundraising parties. Probably to this day still one of my favorite IU football players ever. He was the one who put us in rare air of national discussion. Always will be appreciative of guys like him. Last time I saw him (3-4 years ago when he first started in AD office) he looked as if he could still give it a go. 

I played ball with Thompson one time in college.   Very nice guy.  

Thompson was one of the top recruits in the country coming out of Terre Haute North.  In fact, he may have been the top running back in the country.   Al the big schools wanted him.  He was a major, major get for Bill Mallory at the time, and he delivered.   

I think he deserved the Heisman over Andre Ware too in 1990.  

38 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I played ball with Thompson one time in college.   Very nice guy.  

Thompson was one of the top recruits in the country coming out of Terre Haute North.  In fact, he may have been the top running back in the country.   Al the big schools wanted him.  He was a major, major get for Bill Mallory at the time, and he delivered.   

I think he deserved the Heisman over Andre Ware too in 1990.  

89 but yes 

Archived