Neb. Post Game

Indykev

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will give Rojo a pass.  Without his offense we would have been nowhere close.  Green had a terrible game.  He has some very good ones also.  Maybe next year he will really settle down and play more consistently.  If not, he will be backing up Phinessee.  The worst guard offender last night was Newkirk.  Kid just cannot shoot, so when he was in the game, Nebraska just left him and concentrated on Morgan inside.  His only offensive value is an occasional drive to the hoop.

Face it, this team is only as good as its players.  Some. like Morgan, are excellent, having grown tremendously since last year.  Some, like Hartman, McRoberts, McSwain and Newkirk, have probably reached their maximum potential.  Some, like Rojo, can be great or mediocre.  Some, like Smith, Green, and maybe Durham, have potential large upsides.  The rest, who knows?  It is very obvious the Archie is a completely different type of coach than Crean.  I shudder to think what this team would be like if Crean was still here; without the defensive intensity and overall tenacity.  Next year, with maybe some vastly improved shooting and point guard play, and another year of growth for those remaining  with potential, plus Morgan returning (with or without Romeo), IU should be much, much improved.

11 hours ago, rico said:

I watched the game again this morning(unfortunately) and I want to say shame on the BTN for showing all the "Cornjerkers" sideline antics.

Thanks Rico. Cornjerkers is my new most favorite term in college basketball. So appropriate and accurate considering the ridiculous sideline stupidity.

And I still can't believe choked to that bunch of cornjerkers. I had nightmares about turnovers last night. Ugh. 

6 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Thanks Rico. Cornjerkers is my new most favorite term in college basketball. So appropriate and accurate considering the ridiculous sideline stupidity.

And I still can't believe choked to that bunch of cornjerkers. I had nightmares about turnovers last night. Ugh. 

You are quite welcome.  I can't believe I thought of it first!!!!!!  LOL

Archived