Neb. Post Game

Indykev

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Rob had too many TO’s but he was still a plus player overall. You can’t say that about any other guard.  Rob has that second semester senior year mojo and it’s clicking. 

I haven't looked to see how many he had, but I know one was chasing down a loose ball and stepping on the end line, and another was on an obvious screen and roll, where Freddi screened, but inexplicably never rolled.

The sideline antics were annoying, and more than a little embarrassing.  The  phrase "Act like you've been here" came to mind.  I can't imagine those guys seeing that on TV and being proud.  Maybe if they worked on their game as much as their skits they would be sitting on the other end of the bench.

12 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I haven't looked to see how many he had, but I know one was chasing down a loose ball and stepping on the end line, and another was on an obvious screen and roll, where Freddi screened, but inexplicably never rolled.

The sideline antics were annoying, and more than a little embarrassing.  The  phrase "Act like you've been here" came to mind.  I can't imagine those guys seeing that on TV and being proud.  Maybe if they worked on their game as much as their skits they would be sitting on the other end of the bench.

Were these guys actually members of the team?

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The two Macs didn’t give us much at all.  Not a critique because I like what they’ve been giving us, but we are too delicate to have this many guys off. 

Very true.  Both had instances where they showed poor awareness on blocking out and subsequently gave up buckets or rebounds.

15 minutes ago, rico said:

Yes it is.......remember hearing that on the Mark Patrick show when Thad was at Butler.

It's only about 30 minutes from where I live, so we played them in sports all the time. Had a mascot dressed up like a giant corn cob, so I get how they got the corn part of the name. I didn't ask where the jerker part came from.

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It's only about 30 minutes from where I live, so we played them in sports all the time. Had a mascot dressed up like a giant corn cob, so I get how they got the corn part of the name. I didn't ask where the jerker part came from.

If I remember the interview.........the jerker came from how they pulled ears of corn off the stalk.

15 hours ago, rico said:

No comments on McBob?  Horrible game.

Looked out of sorts.  He has cooled off his defense and rebounding considerably in last 3 or so games.  Play Smith.  Develop him in the remaining games as much as possible.  We definitely want him back for a couple more years.

Archived