LaMelo Ball shoes

I was wander the same thing.  I was told it is because it is like he is working for his dad at this point.  However, I still find it very close to bending the rules or actually being a violation.  Now how many shoe companies will this open them door to, to give college players their own shoe?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20520784/high-school-junior-lamelo-ball-now-signature-shoe-395

UCLA also issued a statement to ESPN that could not comment specifically about LaMelo Ball, citing NCAA rules.

"UCLA cannot comment on any prospective student-athlete until he or she has signed a letter of intent or scholarship agreement," the statement read." Any prospective student-athlete's amateur status needs to be certified prior to his or her participating in team activity. As such, NCAA eligibility is assessed at the start of every student-athlete's academic year and is re-evaluated, as needed. Once cleared by the NCAA, institutions can allow that student-athlete to participate."

Here's the statement from UCLA as to why they can't say anything on the matter. 

Archived