Big Boys Called Out....FBI Probe

CTrojan88

I can’t figure out how to link to article but it is #1 on Yahoo and names names...MSU, Duke, Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, etc.....here is headline:  ‘Exclusive: Federal documents detail sweeping potential NCAA violations involving high-profile players, schools’ by Pat Forde.  Things are about to go down and no IU mention at this point.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard on "Outkick the Coverage" on Fox Sports Radio that Forde and another reporter dropped an article last night about the dumpster fire that is college baskstball. In it he provides documents from an agent amd agentcy that names names with amounts loaned to to them. The host, a fill-in today, listed off a bunch of names and Jared Jefferies was one of them. 

This isn't a call to gather pitchforks, but rather to see if there is anyone that has anymore info regarding this article because I just happened to catch it as I was getting out of my car to go to work. 

TIA

I know everyone wants UK taken down, but, I would LOVE for this to take Izzo down. MSU didn't have the nads to do it themselves. Maybe it'll be done for them.

Curious if punishment comes before the tourney. If not, I wonder how many coaches will decide to "retire"

37 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

I can’t figure out how to link to article but it is #1 on Yahoo and names names...MSU, Duke, Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, etc.....here is headline:  ‘Exclusive: Federal documents detail sweeping potential NCAA violations involving high-profile players, schools’ by Pat Forde.  Things are about to go down and no IU mention at this point.

Didn't expect us to be involved and these leaks keep confirming that. Curious what (if any) impact this will have on Dane Fife. I mean he's going to be impacted if this comes out that Bridges/MSU was bought and paid for. 

To quote the great John Kreese. No Mercy. Every program and their fans laughed at us for years with Sampson mess. Whatever Sparty (or others) has coming I hope it hurts them for years.

I kind of thought this report was a little underwhelming, outside of the 5-figure payments to guys like Smith, Stone, etc,. It was kind of small potatoes stuff and just an agent trying to sign players, not really sway players to certain schools. It’s bad for the players, not sure how bad it really is for the coaches/programs. I’m sure UK has done way worse stuff than BAM get a grand from an agent when he’s already decided he’s going to leave school. 

The real takeaway from this one, and I’m sure there’s more to come, is that agents are routinely meeting with and covering expenses for college players they’re trying to sign. Not sure how much this really has to do with recruiting or players being bought for programs  

I think the real meat will be what is uncovered in the shoe company investigations. 

Anyone else seeing Jared Jefferies? Is there another Jared Jefferies that spells his name this way (instead of Jeffries like the former IU player)? That is literally the only IU link I have seen in any of this. Also, if this is a balance sheet as of 2015 it is conceivable a lot of the older players on this list were given more money but are paying it back and this is just their current balance.

10 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

This is just one agent.  I’m wondering if they will go after others or maybe they already have been knowing the FBI.

That's the key here imo. This is just one agent. Let's safely assume he wasn't bidding against himself haha....which means there are others. Plenty of others.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I kind of thought this report was a little underwhelming, outside of the 5-figure payments to guys like Smith, Stone, etc,. It was kind of small potatoes stuff and just an agent trying to sign players, not really sway players to certain schools. It’s bad for the players, not sure how bad it really is for the coaches/programs. I’m sure UK has done way worse stuff than BAM get a grand from an agent when he’s already decided he’s going to leave school. 

The real takeaway from this one, and I’m sure there’s more to come, is that agents are routinely meeting with and covering expenses for college players they’re trying to sign. Not sure how much this really has to do with recruiting or players being bought for programs  

I think the real meat will be what is uncovered in the shoe company investigations. 

They might be small, but they are still significant violations for the current players. An agent went to an ATM and gave Miles Bridges' mom $400. How does he stay eligible to play now that this is public knowledge?

10 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

So far it looks like little payments of dinners and such.  No actually money payments to players or families as far as i see.  No one is going down over that, unfortunately.

Read it again, some are just dinners, other are just straight cash advances. For example $400 to Miles Bridges' mom, $1000 to Josh Jackson. Others are loans to players, some for big money - e.g. $26K to Isaiah Whitehead of Seton Hall, $14K to Diamond Stone of Maryland.

Archived