Big Boys Called Out....FBI Probe

CTrojan88

28 minutes ago, cybergates said:

What caused the flip from MSU to PU?

Realized Purdue was a better fit for him due to us having Haas and Hammons (which was true). He originally liked Cal (Cuonzo plus he was close with Ivan Rabb and Jaylen Brown) and Barnes thought Purdue was the best fit for him so he picked MSU as a compromise. But after thinking on it more, realized Purdue was the best fit for him. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Realized Purdue was a better fit for him due to us having Haas and Hammons (which was true). He originally liked Cal (Cuonzo plus he was close with Ivan Rabb and Jaylen Brown) and Barnes thought Purdue was the best fit for him so he picked MSU as a compromise. But after thinking on it more, realized Purdue was the best fit for him. 

His handler liked Purdue, he liked Cal, so they picked MSU as a compromise?

20 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That's mighty kind of you to get Porky's opening press statement ready for him in advance.

That seems like a very Purdue thing to happen. be clean and the one time they dip their toe into this type of recruiting they hit the time frame that the largest sting in college basketball history happens lol not saying they did, but I just picture Charlie Brown getting the football pulled from him by Lucy lol

2 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

That seems like a very Purdue thing to happen. be clean and the one time they dip their toe into this type of recruiting they hit the time frame that the largest sting in college basketball history happens lol not saying they did, but I just picture Charlie Brown getting the football pulled from him by Lucy lol

Would be a very Purdue thing to happen that’s for sure. 

40 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would be a very Purdue thing to happen that’s for sure. 

If Swanigan's recruitment was "dirty" he or they would get caught. It would be way to obvious. I am not sure why him going to his guardian's school is anymore suspicious than going to your grandparent's, parent's, or sibling's school. I am not saying Swanigan's recruitment was on the up and up, but I get why he'd choose the school of his guardian. Just like anyone else (who enjoyed their school) they're going to have positive things to say. 

16 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

If Swanigan's recruitment was "dirty" he or they would get caught. It would be way to obvious. I am not sure why him going to his guardian's school is anymore suspicious than going to your grandparent's, parent's, or sibling's school. I am not saying Swanigan's recruitment was on the up and up, but I get why he'd choose the school of his guardian. Just like anyone else (who enjoyed their school) they're going to have positive things to say. 

Well said. 

Interesting article about Indiana guys. Jeffries mentioned but says not named in the probe but did receive loans in or around $4k... Not great timing for spring signings though...

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2018/02/23/names-players-indiana-ties-surface-players-indiana-ties-named-documents-revealed-fbi-probe-ncaa-bask/367283002/

According to people with knowledge of the FBI investigation, Miller and Dawkins, a runner working for ASM Sports agent Andy Miller, had multiple conversations about Ayton. When Dawkins asked Miller if he should work with assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson to finalize their agreement, Miller told Dawkins he should deal directly with him when it came to money, the sources said.”

wow...

Archived